New Ex-Pats club about to begin on Sukhumvit!

Discussion in 'Thailand' started by Carlson99, Jul 26, 2014.

1. Carlson99

Carlson99 Regular Member

coach
    Hi folks, I'll be starting a new intermediate level club at a badminton venue around Sukhumvit (Bangkok) in September. There are a couple of casual beginners clubs already, but this one will be open to any foreigners (and of course Thais) who want to play at a higher standard.

Right now I'm considering the Lumpini courts, 71 sports club, On Nut, 101/1. I'd like feedback from anyone as to what exactly they're looking for, what times, days, locations you prefer so I can tailor the club now.

It will be using feathers, operate a fair peg choosing method and also have some optional coaching (I'm a badminton England qualified coach) for an extra hour. A junior club will also be opening!

The real aim is for players to improve in their own abilities and for some to form a team or two to play against other Thai clubs.

Please "like" the facebook page Badzone Bangkok to leave feedback and keep up to date with progress.

Many thanks,

Carl

badzone7.jpg

2. Forrestk

Forrestk New Member

Real estate agent
    I'm in town till Sept 1. and staying in Sukhumvit. Is there anywhere I can play now?

3. Carlson99

Carlson99 Regular Member

coach
    The first group coaching session is here! This coming Sunday and weekly thereafter at BAT court, lumpini. Ideal for improves to become more competitive players. Please see Badzone Bangkok Facebook page or www.meetup.com for details and registration.

4. Carlson99

Carlson99 Regular Member

coach
    Advanced Doubles group is now established..we play competitive games and the turnout is between 10-16 players each week on 2 or 3 courts as needed, 2 hours. Very little waiting time compared to other clubs! An international group with pegboard system, 7-9pm every Sunday at 71 Sports club on Phra Kanong soi 41. 150 baht each. Sign up on www.meetup.com or Badzone Bangkok (facebook) to let me know who is coming.

In addition, a singles session is being planned.

I also run small group coaching for beginners/improvers at the BAT courts at Lumpini, Sundays 5-6pm. Sign up in the same way, 180 baht each. Check out Badzone Coaching on www.meetup.com

5. abcnzzz

abcnzzz Regular Member

We will make a visit to Bangkok on 8th Dec. 8 to 10 guys muddle age, level is intermediate or higher. Would like to play some friendly matches on 9th Dec. Appreciate your kind help to organize this. Many thanks

6. Carlson99

Carlson99 Regular Member

coach
    An update on Badzone Bangkok: A consistent 20-25 players every Sunday from around 8 different countries, all at a good level for friendly competitive games. We run from 7-9.30pm (last 30 mins optional singles or just continue doubles), price is 200 baht. First time is a trial one to make sure all newbies are above the minimum standard for good games, and also fine for guests to come and play.

The lowest wait times and the most games per evening in Bangkok it seems. Find us on meetup.com or Facebook under Badzone Advanced Doubles and Badzone Bangkok, just send me a message to let me know what date you'd like to come along. Here is the location:

Courts 1-4, 71 Sports club, Pridi Banomyong soi 41.
    Quite a central location and 5 mins on a bike or taxi from Phra Kanong BTS station OR Ramkamhaeng airport link station.

We are also up for playing friendly matches against other visiting or local teams...

Cheung likes this.