User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Advise and Help on Victor BS Racket to buy.

Hi Guys, new to the forum.

I need some help on the racket to buy. I have been a Yonex user and previous rackets were Armortec 70 Mega and Voltric 80 (think it was a fake as I saw the original). Style of play is all-rounder with preference to playing net shots but do smash when needed. I mostly play doubles with a local club. I would say I am an intermediate player only and more or less Class F or E.

My defence is not that good as it takes a longer time for me to swing the racket, but has been improving. My hopes are BS would help me swing a bit faster. I am trying to look for a BS racket that is fast but a bit head heavy. I heard BS LHI, BS 168, and BS 10 fits this group, so was initially going for those. I have been trying to contact sohubuy but I have not received a response yet.

I did see some rackets locally BS 1600 and BS 1500, and was wondering if they were any good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try to explore the BS12/12N. Slightly HH and is an all rounder. Or maybe you can try on the MX series as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spyweb View Post
    Try to explore the BS12/12N. Slightly HH and is an all rounder. Or maybe you can try on the MX series as well.
    Thanks Spyweb! Any online sellers you can recommend? I have been trying sohubuy but have not gotten any response. I see that they offer better prices than MBS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can try racketforce. Price not bad.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If defense is the main requirement, racquet balance is more important than aero. A head light racquet with poor aero would generally be better than a head heavy racquet with good aero.

But that is not all. You need a stable and preferably large sweetspot. And of course you don't want to lose out on attacking ability and this is where the BS frame really stands out. You can achieve really good head speed on overhead strokes even for the most head heavy ones.

The best compromise I found for all of these requirements are the BS10, 11 and LHI.

The BS10 is perhaps the best defensive racquet I have used. Not as powerful as BS11 and LHI but very fast.

My personal preference however is the BS11. It has it all. The best all rounder in my book. But be warned, the Balance Point on Victor racquets do vary considerably and the BS11 is no exception. I have 3 BS11, one is very head heavy and one is much more head light. So you must test before buying.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try swinging a 4u TK6ooo...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spyweb View Post
    You can try racketforce. Price not bad.
    Thanks! Is this a trusted seller? I read somewhere that there were some doubts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks R20190 and Tedddy. I will try those rackets when I see them. It is not often that I see them here.