Taufik Hidayat Arena - CAMP FOR CHILDREN

Discussion in 'Indonesia' started by TADEUSZ, Aug 1, 2014.

1. TADEUSZ

TADEUSZ New Member

Hi, everyone.
    I received an offer Taufik Hidayat camp with Arena
    (Http://taufikhidayatarena.com)
    Please tell me if this is a good club. At what level are the workouts. I want to go there with my son Sebastiane in 2015.
    Well unless someone has a more interesting offer and cheaper. Cost-month stay with the pitch workouts, meals and overnight stays is 21,000,000.00 IRD.
    Regards
    Tadeusz

2. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

Wait a min, did you mean to write IDR 21,000,000 (roughly about US$2000/month)??? That is an INSANELY expensive offer to pay for 30 days training camp...for kids too!! There are other clubs that have been producing world champ for few decades at the cost of at most 1/10th of the offer in THArena. Pls do some research on this forum and you'll find plenty of very good clubs. If you cant find any, i'd suggest to go down to Bangkok, Thailand... there is this training school specialize for kids and adults.... the exact school that make Ratchanok Intanon won 2013 world champ & Carolina Marin won 2014 world champ. Their price for foreigner is $800/month, excluding hostel & meal..which is wayyyy cheaper than $2000/month.

3. nthanhhai

nthanhhai Regular Member

I think $2000 is for the whole package/month, including overnight stays and meals? If so, I wouldn't consider it as expensive. With $800 in Bangkok for training only, and with that double (or 1.5) amount of money for meals and accommodation, I wouldn't consider it as expensive (maybe too expensive for local people).

#3 nthanhhai, Nov 11, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2014
  4. TADEUSZ

TADEUSZ New Member

Bangkok

Thank you for the information.
    Can you give me a link to a website where possibly in Bangkok, my son can work out .
    I choose are in 2 months for such training .

5. mikescully

mikescully Regular Member

head coach at THA is Muljo Handoyo, TH's coach and very close friend off court, another Olympic gold medalist who run badminton academy is Candra Wijaya (CWIBC) in Jakarta

6. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

THA so far hasn't produced any big players for either national tournaments nor international. In fact, several local clubs along Java island have been known to contributes dozen of quality players worldwide. These players got picked by PBSI and further their training at government facility. All these clubs (pb jayaraya, mutiara cardinal, djarum kudus, etc..etc... until dozen more) offer more reasonable and competitive fee training if you compared to THA. Their coaches had been in/out of PBSI because government want them to coach there. What these clubs lack if compared to THA are new courts and dorms. Everyhing else are just about the same.