Yonex Voltric 70 E-tune

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by badliker, Aug 6, 2014.

1. badliker

badliker Regular Member

2. nthanhhai

nthanhhai Regular Member

So it is E-Tune, not just Tune as one member had the opportunity to visit Yonex factory said?

3. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    guess yonex gave him a better deal than li ning? interesting...

4. visor

visor Regular Member

iirc lining didn't renew his contract

5. orgeouwius

orgeouwius New Member

iirc lining didn't renew his contract [​IMG]

6. phaaam

phaaam Regular Member

Reminiscent of the VT80PG to me. Maintains the same stiffness rating as the VT70 though. Adjustable head weight is a great idea to help with doubles and singles.

Thanks for posting! Glad to see some new stuff finally rolling out before the World Championships. I wonder if Lin Dan will be sponsored by Yonex just before the tournament begins? haha

Too bad Li Ning didn't want to renew, he's a rising star player along with Son Wan Ho and Simon Santoso.

#6 phaaam, Aug 6, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
  7. fiq_axis

fiq_axis Regular Member

Sorry, it's must be my mistakes when checking the shaft..didn't notice the E words..

8. nthanhhai

nthanhhai Regular Member

No big deal at all. You brought us the news about new product, with new feature. That's great :)

9. mds nl

mds nl Regular Member

CEO AllRackets.com
  10. fiq_axis

fiq_axis Regular Member

now i know why... because i saw E as an arrow, that's why... :crying::crying:

11. YY Fan

YY Fan Regular Member

Sales
    To me, this is nothing new.

If I am correct, few years ago, RSL had already developed these plastic bumpers to add weight on racket frame (before stringing), but the new racket was not well-received in the market at that time. RSL should be the pinoeer on this area.

Sorry if I am offending, Yonex is somewhere copying it and applies it on this new Voltric 70 E tune.

12. nthanhhai

nthanhhai Regular Member

True, as someone in this forum already pointed out that RSL had this system, WPS, long before. But the problem is RSL is not a big brand thus is wasn't received as expected. I also had a look at the RSL X7 when I went to store, and I had to say there is reason that RSL is not so familiar. The color is not nice (maybe just me). Yonex is doing better with the bigger fan base and nicer color, but not the pioneer in this. Hopefully they don't claim the "world first" for this system.

13. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

Look yummy! Hope the retail price isn't as crazy as VTZFIILCW. Any idea when this VT70 ET would be available worldwide?

14. nthanhhai

nthanhhai Regular Member

How much does VTZFIILCW then?

15. Tuborg

Tuborg Regular Member

16. Barca

Barca Regular Member

This is a general issue. Yonex is not going to put a ridiculous price tag on it. I would say it is going to be a tad cheaper than the top-end model like ZFII and NR900

17. PinkDawg

PinkDawg Regular Member

JOJ's official facebook page says he will use VZFII. Does this mean that he will not use the E-Tune? I feel like he wouldn't use the ZFII if he has the E-Tune coming in soon.

18. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

So, what exactly is the VT70ET?

A VT70 with some grommet strips at the bottom?

19. nthanhhai

nthanhhai Regular Member

20. nemrod

nemrod Regular Member

Translated from http://sport-net.dk/badmintonketcher/yonex-voltric-70-e-tune.html (I'm Swedish so I can read the Danish there)

Yonex Voltric 70 E-tune is a development of Voltric 70. E-tune has received a new ground-breaking technology. Power plugs, which are 4 small bumpers that can be put on the racket before stringing. If you put on the 2 top bumpers you get 6% more power. If you put on the 2 bottom bumpers you get 8% more power.

Yonex Voltric 70 E-tune is the new badminton racket that Jan O is going to play with. E-tune is a development of Voltric 70 and gives the player the ability to determine how much extra power you want in relation to the general Voltric 70.

That's because Yonex is introducing the new technology Power Plugs, which are 4 small bumpers that can be attached to the racket head. On the top of the head you can attach 2 bumpers before stringing, resulting in 6% extra power.

On the bottom of the head on each side of the T joint you can also mount 2 bumpers before stringing, resulting in 2% extra power. If you combine these 2 possibilities you get 8% extra power.

When extra weight is added it's also necessary to add extra stability and because of that the T joint is reinforced with the T-anchor technology, så there is more precision in the hits, even if the shuttle is hit outside the sweet spot.

That Yonex Voltric 70 E-tune is a head heavy badminton racket gives the advantage that you can hit harder, since a heavy head gives more weight behind the shuttle. But it has generally the disadvantage that it's not possible to react as fast with the racket. Yonex has solved this problem on Yonex Voltric 70 E-tune with the tri-voltage system technology, which is three points in the head where Yonex has added extra heavy materials, tungsten. Tungsten is placed at 11, 13 and 18 o'clock, looking at the head as a clock. The purpose of the 2 points at the top is to increase the weight of the head to achieve more speed in the strokes. The last point, in the T joint, is to make the balance of the racket more even, so it doesn't feel as head heavy. This technology gives a racket with optimal power in heavy hits, without compromising agility in the flat game.

Head-heavy
    85-90g
    Offensive
    Medium stiff