Recommendations help needed!

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Gumball, Aug 10, 2014.

1. Gumball

Gumball Regular Member

Student
    Hi all,

Would like some suggestions regarding rackets. I am currently using an Apacs Virtuoso Performance for my badminton games. This racket is good imo and I am having fun with it. Just a week ago, I tried my friend VT80 and wow..it feels better personally.
    So anyway, I am really interested to get a VT80 PG. I absolutely love the colour of the racket! But I have been reading up threads here about ZF and ZF2 as well.

So my question is, is VT80 PG worth getting, why is it cheaper compared to the normal VT80? Is there a performance difference between VT80 & VT80 PG?

I understand that ZF/ZF2 definitely out-perform VT80/VT 80 PG but I really love the design of the VT80 PG and if the difference isn't that big, I would go for VT80 PG. Is there any VT80 supporters out there or all have change to ZF/ZF2?

I have never tried ZF/ZF2 before, I'm afraid if I buy it without trying in a proper game, I might not use it to its fullest potential like what some had said in this forum which = waste money/potential injuries.

Appreciate any suggestions given below. Thanks. :)

2. amleto

amleto Regular Member

I don't think three is any difference between vt80 and vt80pg - it's just different graphics

3. visor

visor Regular Member

iirc, there're some mentions that the pg version is slightly flexier and less head heavy than the regular one...

4. amleto

amleto Regular Member

That's not yonex's usual modus operandi so that's surprising