Hi there!

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by sheelay, Mar 25, 2004.

1. sheelay

sheelay Regular Member

Student
    Hi! i am Shee Lay from Malaysia,a newly registered member, currently studying in Germany. i consider myself an average player, hoping to improve my game as time goes by.i still play badminton regularly, around 2-3 times per week. the Racquets i am using are Proace 510 Titanium, and Carbonex 20.

Hope to come here more often to share my interest in Badminton with all of u here.

My favourite players are: Lin Dan, Xia Xuan Zhe, Wong Choon Hann, Ha-Kim, Candra wijaya-Tony Gunawan, Taufik and Cai Yun-Fu Hai Feng.

#1 sheelay, Mar 25, 2004
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2004
  2. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
    Welcome to BadmintonCentral/BadmintonForum :D

Where'd you get the Cab20? Let us know how the badminton scene is like in Germany.

-dave

3. sheelay

sheelay Regular Member

Student
    oh..thanks!btw,i got my both my racquets from Malaysia with quite a cheap price.well, there are not many indoor halls specially for badminton over here in Germany.Normally it's being played in a multi purpose hall which can also be used for other sports like Basketball, indoor soccer, volleyball, handball and so on..At first, i wasn't quite used to the badminton court here, because there are just too many lines and it's quite confusing at times. but, now i am slowly getting used to the badminton courts here.Actually, i was quite surprised to find out that Badminton is becoming more and more popular here in germany.

4. calvinlgoh

calvinlgoh Regular Member

Student
    hi Sheelay...

I am also from malaysia but I choose US as the destination to further my education. Was just wondering why you choose Germany ( I have nothing against that but just that I dont know anyone from malaysia who is studying in Germany)
    What gave you the idea of going to Germany? Did you attend college in M'sia... was it a twinning program? What is your opinion in regards to the education system over in Germany?
    Oh well... good luck in your studies and welcome to BF...

Calvin

5. sheelay

sheelay Regular Member

Student
    Hi Calvin! r u from KL? well, i am from Seremban. Just came here a year ago.before coming here, i studied both Alevels and German language in INTEC, previously known as PPP or Universiti Mara in Shah Alam.Actually i didnt really choose to come here, but was offered a scholarship by JPA(Public Services Department). Basically, education here is free. There are quite a number of Malaysians(both private and sponsored) studying here lately. well, i personally feel that eduation here is good, especially in the Engineering fields.

What r u studying in US btw? wish u all the best in ur studies also.Hope to c u more often here.

Shee Lay

6. calvinlgoh

calvinlgoh Regular Member

Student
    Yup... Im from KL.... I went to KTJ for high school... its near seremban... came here for an Econs degree 3 years ago...

Well... Im on the forum everyday... scanning the posts....hhehehe... addict...
    there is nothing much to do besides going online anyways...
    :D

calvin