Apacs Z - series & Apacs Virtuoso Performance

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by illidori, Aug 14, 2014.

1. illidori

illidori Regular Member

Hi im currently using Apacs Z - Series . I basically find that i cant smash hard . Would you guys recommend me to get Apacs Virtuoso Performance to try it out or is it the physical strength that i'm lacking.

Do recommend me anything suitable for a change thx and appreciated

2. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

Hi, the virtuoso performance (VP) racket is more head heavy so more powerful but you will have to put more effort in than with the z series which is lighter and mid balanced. The VP has a more aerodynamic frame similar to the victor bravesword series which makes it easier to use than most head heavy rackets. I have both the rackets your talking about and like them both, the VP are my current favourite rackets but for the cheaper price the z series are very good value for money. Prices will be different in Singapore but in UK the z series is half the price of the VP. Have you tried the z ziggler which is the newer version of the z series? It is supposed to be better than z series. It may be worth trying to lower your tension a little before spending a lot more money on a VP, sometimes that helps. Dave

3. illidori

illidori Regular Member

Thx that helped dave. anyway currently my tension for z series is at 25lbs . would you recommend me to lower it ?
    i didnt have a chance to try the z ziggler, i brought my z series recently and the z ziggler came out few weeks later.

4. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

I have my z series at 24lbs but my VP at 26lbs. It may be worth trying 1 or 2lbs less if you can get a restring cheaply. I have 2 z ziggler on there way to me so will see how they compare but it may be a while before I can get them strung.

5. illidori

illidori Regular Member

So i pressume I should drop the idea of purchasing a VP since im alrdy stugggling with the z - series . Any recommendation for racket to provide me with so i would possibly see myself having a chance to perform strong smashes

6. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

I think you would get more powerful smashes from a VP but it is more head heavy so you may not be as quick in defence and your shoulder may be tired sooner than with the z series. If you can get a VP cheaply then give it a go but otherwise maybe try the z ziggler or a slightly lower tension. I didn't like my pair of VP when I first got them but I like them a lot now I have used them more. I have just ordered a third VP for the new season.

7. illidori

illidori Regular Member

Thanks for the advise dave. appreciated.

8. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

No problem, let me know if I can be any more help.

9. david14700

david14700 Regular Member

Hi Dave. How did find the Z Ziggler 2? They look good but do they compare to Yonex for quality or performance?

Thanks

10. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

Hi, the z Ziggler and z series are decent rackets for the money but don't compare to the Yonex version unfortunately. The Apacs clone rackets are usually mid balanced and mid flex.

11. longdriver

longdriver Regular Member

For a newer player getting back into the sport what would you guys recommend?