User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Several members using Ti-10 (2u and 3u) in my local clubs. None of them complained string broke more often. However, ppl using BG66 really have to re-string their rackets very often. The longest BG66 I saw, was just about 2+ weeks.

Maybe give BG80/85 a try, as they did last longer, and also thin. However, they are a little bit more expensive as well, at least as in US.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Cricket,

Wow! Same here! Just started playing regularly 4 years ago too. I try to maintain a minimum of 3 nights weekly. Anyway, back to the strings... yeah, BG 66 is very frigile and probably more expensive in the long run than other higher priced strings. Search the forum for feedbacks and you'll know why.

I suggest that you stick with BG 65 for now until your strokes get alot better. What tension setting do you have on your racquet? For beginner/low intermediate, a good tension would be 19-21lbs.

As for characteristics causing frequent string breakage, there's not alot of difference among baddy racquets. However, it's a different story with player calibre.... If the break occurs in the sweetspot, then it's the string. Otherwise, it's a mishit when the string break nearer to the frame.

Quote Originally Posted by Cricket
    Ok, my baddy background.....
    I began playing like....4 years ago or so, I don't quite remember very well, I play about 3 times a week for 2 ~ 4 hrs, uh.... what else do you want to know? I'm like C/D player, or intermediate/beginner......uh......I have frequent aknle injuries but that's not relevant I think, I used to mishit a lot when I first got my Ti-10 but I'm getting more consistent at hitting the sweet spot now, I prefer high repulsion strings, like BG-66......
    Maybe I will try BG-65, cheaper alternative than other strings ^_^
    So I take it that there is no characteristic of a 3U TI-10 to cause these frequent broken strings?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I string at 22.5 lbs.....yea, it's weird, I know, I do that to compensate for the lack of muscle power grommets like in my MP55. The first time I tried my Ti-10 with BG-66 it lost tension really quickly (it lasted me 3 weeks or so) and near the end of that third week the strings were just horrible. But, since the strings break so quickly I guess I don't have to worry about that anymore ^_^
    I'll try BG-65 this time and I'll see what happens.
    Stick around for Ep. 2 of..........Frequent broken strings.......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Bg 66 ?

BG 66 is really fragile.I re-strung my racket a week ago and it broke today. I usually use BG 65 or BG 80 and it does not happen so readily.

Or maybe I am not suitable for using this racket anymore. Because my strength increased quite a lot after my 14th birthday.

Should I purchase a new racket that supports higher tension ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I will try to string a BG-66 on a Cab-20Power either today or tomorrow and try it (again) for the durability issue

Goal: By using it two hours per day, two~four days a week, I hope it can last for a month

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im a user of yonex bg 66 and its true the durability is really low...i play 5 sessions a week of 2-3 hrs each and the strings usually dunt last beyond 2 weeks..even if it does..the tension has dropped and needs to be restrung anyway. ti strings in my opinion just dunt cut it...they are more durable but its slippery and the feel isnt quite as good as synthetic...however it takes alot to notice the subtle differences in strings...of which im still experimenting with different brands similar to bg66. its too expensive to be changing my rackets strings every 2-3 weeks.

cheers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2