0 Thread(s)

wah.... ho geng Kwun!

me gusta mucho... especially the smileys

good job, Kwun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Again more people talking about smileys, can someone please tell me which ones are new except the green grinner!

I have:

Frown, Mad, Smile, Roll Eyes, Cool, Stick out tongue, Wink, Big grin, Confused, Embarrasment and Eek!

All of which are the same old yellow ones

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Woa...I've not been here for a while....but I'd say: Awesome! I like the new interface

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Searching for new posts slow

Just curious, has anyone else noticed the search for new post function's slower to respond with the new software? Or is it just that we have so many posts here now a days the database's really straining

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

I was following my usual ritual of clicking "Today's Posts" and reading up on the various posts when I realized that by going through the search, the new forum software automatically digs up other threads that have a similar topic, and places their links below the page that I was reading. Very, very convenient!

-Rick

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dill
    Kwun you've played a blinder there, nice work.

the message that the forum was down was funny as well
    LOL, i saw that message too around 4:30am. I vaguely remembering rubbing scuff marks off my badminton rackets. Don't know why i was doing it at that time of the morning Couldn't tell i was dreaming or not until i inspected my rackets today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pecheur
    It looks too happy and pastelly in its colour schemes. The old one had strong bold colour and sorta looked like work, this doesn't look anything like work ;P
    I like the pastelly look too and wish that badminton mats come in this color too instead of the previous bold lawn green color. I have seen it used in tennis court and this blue looks great. I know you all have expressed appreciation of kwun's effort, same here I also like to say thanks to janet for mellowing out kwun (pastelly mood) and let him work into the wee hours of the morning to do these upgrades

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default good look

Nice job Kwun. I like the new look and colors. The site seems to load faster for me too (just mho).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sorry, but I don't like the software at all. The site takes much longer to load (even though I'm on broadband), generally the interface is horrible and difficult to use (there is no reply button for private messages, the normal functions are poorly arranged and not conveniently placed for easy access, and the site itself looks like a non-serious kiddie site, which means that I won't be able to access it when I'm at Uni. and I suspect that some people will be reluctant to visit the site while at work).

I don't understand why it had to be changed; the old software worked reasonably well, and there are no significant additional functions with the new software. At the least, it shouldn't look like a boy-band-loving teenager's wallpaper.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

i changed the color a little bit. now more like the old style, less flashy. anyone noticed?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun
    i changed the color a little bit. now more like the old ones, less flashy. anyone noticed?
    Yeah, the colours are a little more subdued now, so I guess that it won't as easily attract the attention of coworkers now?

-Rick

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if u have the same old ones the maybe need to clear your cache.

As for new functionality... i don't see much in the way of extra functionality, just a lot of useless clutter. If anything, the website is more difficult to use.

There's this chiense proverb, don't add feet when you're drawing a snake.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I run into a problem of having to relog back on every so often(~every 10 minutes at work computer). It's very annoying when i try to post something and then it ask me to log on when i have already done so and losing the written content afterward. In member list, i'm a catergorized as a registered user. I dunno what that means. I'm also log on at home computer, is that causing the conflict? The box to remain logged in is checked.
    Last edited by cooler; 03-29-2004 at 12:06 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do I clear my cache?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This happens to me too, cooler; but you shouldn't lose the message (it should be retained in cache). Open a new window, log into BForum then switch to the previous window, which you were using to post your message, and use the back button and then the forward button; it should now say, something like the page is expired. Refresh the window and it should post the message. I'd post an emoticon at the end of my reply, but the new ones just look childish.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler
    I run into a problem of having to relog back on every so often(~every 10 minutes at work computer). It's very annoying when i try to post something and then it ask me to log on when i have already done so and losing the written content afterward. In member list, i'm a catergorized as a registered user. I dunno what that means. I'm also log on at home computer, is that causing the conflict? The box to remain logged in is checked.
    ok. here is a fix to cooler's problem (and whoever else who've experience something simliar).

visit:

http://www.badmintonforum.com/vb/mycookies.php

in there you will be presented a list of stuff (cookies). select all the items listed and then click "Delete My Cookies" to delete all of them. you may need to scroll horizontally to find the delete button.

after you have deleted them once, you can go back to the BF front page and then log in again. after that your logout problem should be fixed.

if you still see some items leftover after you hit delete, ignore them, go to BF frontpage directly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question

Hi Kwun,

is there any chance that we'll have the old colour scheme back? While the new software most likely is a lot better than the old one, the old colours were so much more cheerful.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast