Anything else better/cheaper for practice?

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by Gary Lim, Aug 29, 2014.

1. Gary Lim

Gary Lim Regular Member

I'm currently using LiNing A+90 (77) for practice and play. So far, it's not bad, maintains speed and travel even when a small part of the feather is chipped off. However, the stems aren't too durable. Had a few break off in 1 hit. In general, my wife and I use about 2-3 per hour even though she mishits a fair number of times - still learning, which is fine. Will sometimes use 3-5 per hour if playing doubles.

I'm considering other shuttles at the moment. Read good things about the following:
    - RCL Titanium / Black No. 1
    - Youhe S-100

Trying to get my friend to get these for me from Malaysia.

Question 1: Should I ask him to get (76)? or (77)?
    Question 2: Are those 2 better than LiNing A+90?
    Question 3: For the price/durability, the 2 choices are pretty much bang for buck?

I know there are already many threads about shuttles, durability and ideal for practice etc. Apologies if my question has already been answered previously. Searched it but didn't really get a firm answer.

Thanks!

2. kingsjealous

kingsjealous New Member

Dear Gary,

What price range are you looking for in terms of recreational shuttle?
    Ultimately, it comes down to pricing and level of training.
    The pricing of the shuttles you had listed above are quite expensive and sometimes it can justify by buying high quality shuttles. However many use recreational shuttles designed for durability for just 'recreational' hitting.