Hendrawan - Not All There

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Byro-Nenium, May 4, 2001.

1. Byro-Nenium

Byro-Nenium Regular Member

Undergrad
    Anyone who saw the group stages yesterday between Hendrawan and Korea's no 2 singles. I don't know him will know what i'm talking about.

For those of you who didn't see it, heres what happened. Hendrawan was leading the 2nd set 14-7 after he won the 1st in about 10 mins.

He served it high as his opponent returned it with a clear to Hendrawan's backhand, Hendrawan left it as it was called clearly out 15-7. But Hendrawan returned the shuttle to the Korean for the serve..... The Korean took the shuttle and was about to serve until the umpire stopped them..... Hendrawan didn't look suprised when he was told the game was over and shook hands with his opponent and judges and left.

Hendrawan didn't seem to be "all there" that day. Hmm, could something be bothering him? Thus him not playing at his best?

2. Alvin

Alvin Guest

A wee bit of Alzheimer's creeping in?????????

3. Yudhi

Yudhi Regular Member

Student
    Something was amiss yesterday.
    All the Indonesians did not play as usual, they did not want to win and to ,eet China.
    When Taufik lost he looked so relax and calm, it was so unsual of him yesterday.

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    well, if you win, you play China, if you lose, you play Thailand. honestly, i don't think either team were trying to play their best.

5. Kelly

Kelly Guest

If I were their coach, I will have field Taufik and Hendrawan in doubles; and Chandra and Sigit in singles. At least, they could treat the matches as training match and give their best (they are sure to lose such tie, no matter how well they play!)

6. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

It is normal to save your energy for finals and avoid injury.

It is so obvious on part of Thais.

7. Adel

Adel Regular Member

Student
    Korea has done that before, I think in the 96 Thomas Cup. They didn't want to waste their energy playing China so they fielded Lee DS and Ha TK in the singles.