New Playing looking for a light racket

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by little_ace, Sep 2, 2014.

1. little_ace

little_ace New Member

I used to play badminton at our school with their cheap rackets which wasn't so bad but I do not want to spend 200usd + on a racket.

I'm most familar with the Wilson ncode 400. Maybe produced as old as 2009. I like how lightweight it is. I do not necessarily need to be dishing out powershots left and right and prefer something more delicate.

I dont see a reason in finding this particular model as it seems to be rather obsolete in any market place.

I do not have much exprience with string types and string tensions so any advice (specific to) would be great. Surely there are excellent lightweight rackets for 50 to 130 usd.

Thank you very much!

2. ahcash

ahcash Regular Member

When you say light racquet.. Are you talking about racquet that is less than 80g or?

You play doubles or single? Do you prefer head heavy or head light racquet?

3. little_ace

little_ace New Member

I play both singles and doubles. I think I'm looking for a balanced racquet.

I'm pretty sure this is the racquet that I used and loved enough: http://www.badmintonalley.com/WILSON_nCode_N400_2009_Badminton_Racket_p/racket-wilson-ncode-n400.htm

That said, it would be nice to have a fast racket head speed (not require so much force on my part). The ~82g body felt nice, I dont need to be ultra light (<80g).

I cant say if I favour a particular head mass. Owning two or three racquets might be nice one day but I would like the one for now.

PS: I noticed most real badminton stores offer string tension and type of string, I assume you would not want to use the cheapest strings at 26+lbs. I dont even think I want that much tension. Your two or two thousand cents on this? Thanks!

4. little_ace

little_ace New Member

PPS: I have played with stiff/extra stiff racquets in the past and I did not really like their style so much. Maybe 10 years has changed the market too much to even compare then and now.

Maybe I should feel a new stiff racquet before saying anything more :)

5. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>
    Suggest for u to try out Victor BraveSword 12 Light. Rated even balance, medium stiff, n designed for female shuttlers. It comes in 4u (80-85g) within ur range of weight. Plus G6, smaller grip for small hands.

Coming frm Victor though, medium stiff might come across to u as quite stiff. On the other hand, if u nvr try, u will nvr nvr know...

#5 TeddyC, Sep 4, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2014