Raphael Sachetat and Shabok - Photos of fans

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by cooler, Mar 28, 2004.

1. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    I have a request for raphael and shabok, in your work of taking photos from various tournaments, can you snaps some (low res will be ok) photos of some screaming fans like near the front row seats. Chances are they're from BF'ers or other badminton fans travelled from afar. Commercially, i think some fans seeing themselves in photos (taken by pros like you) would be willing to buy those images as well. I know i would. Also, photos would also capture pics of coaches and other important trainers and shady figures behind the scene. It comes handy for future references. ;) I'm willing to bet linyongbo (or anybody) will pay u big bucks if u got a pic of him/them in compromising position. :eek:

Capturing pics of players in action only partially captures the actions of the whole event. ;)
    -------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
    Originally Posted by WoAiZhongGuo
    really? so did i!! were you sitting behind two chinese girls who won't stop shouting??? that's us alright!
    -----------------

Well I was sitting rught IN FRONT of two girls who wouldn't stop shouting! I was wearing a green, blue and white striped shirt if that helps. Front row, block...9 or 11. I can't remember which. The end where the coaches were sat (to my left). Anyway, that's pretty amazing!

Some guy was really up for Malaysia winning the doubles. He was also right behind us. Quite frightening how much a difference it makes when you're an "away" fan...he wouldn't stop shouting!

Aleik.

#1 cooler, Mar 28, 2004
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2004
  2. Dill

Dill Regular Member

Lazy git (my coach can verify this)
    Agree

I think I saw Matt Ross at the AE, coverage on Sky on Friday and Saturday gave good closeup's of the crowds

3. Matt Ross

Matt Ross Regular Member

Student
    Dill,

Nah, unfortunately was not at the AE this year, however, that person must be very privalaged to be thought it was me :p

4. Dill

Dill Regular Member

Lazy git (my coach can verify this)
    Ha Ha :D

(that was the witty reply but replies now have to be more than 10 characters long :( )

5. Shabok

Shabok Regular Member

cooler, thanks for the suggestion. It's a shame that I didn't read this thread earlier as the european badminton championships is just over and I didn't take that kind of pics (actually I wanted to but I forgot :mad: ) :(

6. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    no problem, there are plenty opportunities :)

7. coops241180

coops241180 Regular Member

Product Owner
    lol - on this topic - me, my brother and my ma and pa are in the Jonassen vs Xia Xuanze footage for EPSN... i think we're i the frame at 6 minutes and 15 seconds...

i'm famous!!!

8. Brave_Turtle

Brave_Turtle Regular Member

Student
    I think I'm gonna make sure I'll look good if I go watch a badminton tournament now^^

9. Shabok

Shabok Regular Member

Yep, there's no doubt about it :) Actually, for a good coverage of a competition you should work with other photographers, the majority of them shooting the match from different angles and one taking shots of the crowd ;)

Brave_Turtle, you're right as photographers often prefer to take pictures of people that look good :D

10. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    I think that's how Pamela Anderson got 'discovered';). An infatuated cameraman kept panning towards her direction during a hockey game (was it in a hockey game?), basically showed her on the Jumbotron.