Victor BS12 vs BS12N vs BS12L

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by arfandy, Sep 6, 2014.

1. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

Anyone can give comparison between these 3 different but same model of Brave Sword? I know BS12L has G6 handle, but other than color... are they just exactly the same racket under different cosmetic? Specs-wise, i dont see any different on them. Thnx for any insight.

2. T.O.P

T.O.P Regular Member

So far I've try BS12 & BS12L. Never have a chance to try BS12N yet.

BS12 light and even balanced. very control type of racket.
    BS12L slightly head heavy. but for doubles it's just too much of weight. not really like it.

3. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

All this time i was assuming that BS12, BS12L (only different in G6 grip), & BS12N are all marketing strategy by Victor in trying to sell more of BS12 in few different colors. Similar to what Yonex VTZF II in repainting purple, red, yellow, white, etc.etc.... sell more means more profit to cover for their R&D of creating that very specific product. One reason is that i dont see (rarely) see any Victor sponsored International players bother in using these "new repainted" version of BS12 and mostly stick to their blue old BS12 2U (perhaps Victor dont even bother giving them these repainted version to help in marketing). Just my thought.

4. T.O.P

T.O.P Regular Member

BS series design it's all the same. just changing of the colour instead. But I couldn't agree with you that's just the re-painted for marketing strategy. BS8, BS9, BS10, BS11, BS12 all the same pattern & design, just re-paint. But the feeling it's definitely different and non of each it's same feeling.

I truly believe BS12, BS12L & BS12N it's different. As I tried it for BS12 & BS12L. it's not the same & the feeling don't even close to each other.

Compare to Yonex ZFII & ZFIILD (Yellow) BP it's different. So that's still the different there. but ZFII new colour of RED & WHITE. I could agree with u. It's same BP with yellow version. Just the different of colours tho. That's marketing strategy then. :)

TranKimToan likes this.
  5. junclot

junclot Regular Member

I'm getting BS12N this wk, will try a few session and compare to my current BS12

both 4U though

6. T.O.P

T.O.P Regular Member

So how you feel about BS12 & BS12N ? Does it feel the same ? I guess that BS12N would be slightly HH than BS12. :)

7. junclot

junclot Regular Member

lol contrary to the comparisons online, my 12N felt more flex and lighter than 12 ! head heaviness feels ard the same

both are SP code (made in China), both are new production batch too i believe

the diff could well be due to Victor's infamous inconsistent manufacturing measurements

but right now both r on diff string/tension (didnt restring yet to my own preferred string/tension as they are still playable after purchase fr seller), that could contribute to the diff feel too - 12N on BG66UM at ard 24lbs and 12 on NBG98 at 26lbs