anyone had good experiences with leather grips like me?

Discussion in 'Grip' started by nypockus, Mar 29, 2004.

1. nypockus

nypockus Regular Member

I've bought a wilson tennis leather grip and used it on my Carb 20MP and i think it's terrific. the feel is excellent and better than any grip i've ever used. although it's a bit expensive, $30 AUD, i will be getting another one for my other racquet once it gets restrung. my hands do get a little sweaty and also i usually sandpaper through my grips in 2 or 3 weeks so those cheap grips always have to be replaced. If you got the same problem as me, buy a good quality leather grip and you certainly won't be disappointed.

Does anyone else have the same good experiences with leather grips like i have?

2. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I believe your new leather grip is the "replacement grip", and the so call cheap grip is more like overgrip?

Personally, I think overgrip is not designed for durability, but more for tackiness and increament in grip size purpose.

3. Scott Kam

Scott Kam Regular Member

nypockus,

I'm just a little bit worried about the hygene. If you have ever tried to wear a wrist watch with leather strip in a hot humid summer, you'll know what I mean.