Some questions about tennis and squash

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Koo&Tan, Sep 13, 2014.

1. Koo&Tan

Koo&Tan Regular Member

Badminton coach
    Hello,

First of all, I don't know if I had to post here in the technique section or in the string one because I have different questions. Also, I'm not in the best forum since I will not write about badminton but tennis and squash, but i'm sure some peoples can help me.

I'm a badminton player since 10-11 years and a badminton stringer since 4-5 years now. I'm a quite good stringer, but I would like to start to string tennis and squash rackets. I had just plays these sports a few times, but I have people who asked me to string there rackets.

So I have 2 questions.
    First, I would like to know which strings I have to buy for my customers ?
    In badminton, I just have BG65, and also my personal string, BG66UM.
    In general, it's OK for all customers, and if not, they give me there own string.
    So, in tennis and squash, which strings are the more sells, the best sellers ?
    I would like to say that I'm in France, because I know the market can be different from one country to another.
    And the second question is about the technique. I know it's not like in badminton. So what I have to change in my technique to string tennis and squash ? And what about stringing patterns ? Is there a standard one like Yonex or Haribito in badminton ?

Thanks you in advance
    Koo&Tan

2. bbulla

bbulla Regular Member

For squash, most players are looking for Ashaway or Tecnifibre.

For tennis, there are too many options. Carry a good syn gut (ie. Prince Syn Gut), a multi-filament (ie. WIlson Sensation or better), and some polyester (ie. RPM Blast). Tennis players are very particular and everyone wants something different.

The tecnique is not that much different. You will just have to learn the tecniques for each racquet.

For tennis and squash always do the crosses from head to throat.

3. Koo&Tan

Koo&Tan Regular Member

Badminton coach
    I will test more Technifibre for squash I think since Ashaway is not very famous here in France.
    And for tennis, after more research, the RPM Blast look very very popular, so I will go for it.
    Thank's you :)

4. bbulla

bbulla Regular Member

You may also want to invest in a starting clamp, as tying starting knots is some tennis string (ie. RPM Blast) is not always so easy.

You may also investigate different knots to use for the thicker string and use what works best for you.

5. Koo&Tan

Koo&Tan Regular Member

Badminton coach
    I already have 2 starting clamps that come with my stringing machine but don't use it. So I just have to test it ;)