Need badminton racket recommendation between nanoray D28 or Muscle power 29lt

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by aditya401, Sep 15, 2014.

1. aditya401

aditya401 Regular Member

Hi,
    First of all I'm new to this forum. And I'm looking for suggestions for a good racket.
    My style of play:
    I like picking up smashes placing drops and then hitting the hard smashes given a chance. I mostly play doubles due to my fitness issues.
    I Have lately developed shoulder pain when I'm using heavy rackets. I wanted something lite weight and so I ordered for nanoray d28 because everyone gave a good review for nanoray 20. But then the usual power my smashes packed is somewhere lagging so I'm thinking of returning it and asking for a muscle power 29lt. Is that good or should I stick to the fact that I need to mould my game accordingly and give it time and get adjusted to the nanoray D28. Because earlier rackets were comparatively shorter than this racket.
    kindly help me with this.

2. aditya401

aditya401 Regular Member

Hi I'm waiting for someone to reply.. I need to decide whether to return the racket or to stick with it. One more thing I would like to mention is that yesterday when I played with the nanoray D28 I didn't get shoulder pain. I'm just very confused. And it came gutted so I feel over the time I should get used to it And a better gutting will do the job. Or should I go to the slightly head heavy muscle power 29 lite.

3. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Not sure I follow your logic.

You saw good reviews for nanoray 20 so you ordered a nanoray D28 (a different racquet).

To be honest, it is up to you to decide the trade off - you get less shoulder pain and less smash power with present racket. Get a head heavier racket and you will get more pain but more smash power. You sound like a counterattacking player - perhaps smashing is not a big part of your play - in which case you might decide to stick to playing without pain.

4. aditya401

aditya401 Regular Member

Thanks a lot for replying. Actually nobody has a review for nanoray D28 so assuming that the nanoray 20 and D28 belong to the same family and this being a newer version I thought this would be better. Yes I'm more of a counterattacking player I like to finish of the rally with a good smash. I did get few good ones but I did take a lot of energy to smash. So I wanted to know if the head light of this racket is what responsible for that..
    Thanks in advance.

5. aditya401

aditya401 Regular Member

Thanks a lot for replying. Actually nobody has a review for nanoray D28 so assuming that the nanoray 20 and D28 belong to the same family and this being a newer version I thought this would be better. Yes I'm more of a counterattacking player I like to finish of the rally with a good smash. I did get few good ones but I did take a lot of energy to smash. So I wanted to know if the head light of this racket is what responsible for that..
    Thanks in advance.

6. ROBJOHNBUCK

ROBJOHNBUCK New Member

sales
    I started with head heavy racket but changed to light head it took some time but now I cannot play with head heavy racket.
    I'm large build and 6ft my elbow ached plus had other pains but now I fill a lot better I put some extra hand grip which also helped.
    Lest tension better smash more tension better control.

7. aditya401

aditya401 Regular Member

Yes I have tried it and now I'm happy with my choice I kept the Nanoray D28. Its lite and I dont get any sort of pains. Thank you. Probably Will try once the gut breaks a better and little lesser tension one. Thanks Cheung and Rob Jhon Buck.

8. wackywanderer

wackywanderer Regular Member

Consultant
    Hey..i have a apacs featherlight racket and its perfect for doubles..light and veryvfast

9. sayshh

sayshh Regular Member

I use an MP29 Light racket and I can say it is quite even balanced, but it seems not suitable for your style of play. That being said, there is a duration of time required to adapt when racket is changed. If it is just muscle pain, it will go away once you have played with it for reasonable amount of time.

As you are a defensive/counter-attacking type player, I would say stick with NR series rackets and improve your game further in shuttle placement etc rather than deal with shoulder pain.

10. aditya401

aditya401 Regular Member

Yeah I'm sticking with the nanoray d28 and slightly tuned my game now it feels really good. Thanks.

11. chongyf

chongyf Regular Member

Senior System Engineer
    Also to fix your shoulder pain issue, grab a power ball to strengthen your wrist