Looking for racket similar to Head Nanopower 600 or 700 and which strings to get.

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by waferrr, Sep 17, 2014.

Tags:
  1. waferrr

waferrr New Member

Three years ago my Head NP600 broke and I got a Wilson KRival. I slowly began to hate the Wilson more and more. I stopped playing for a while but I'm about to get back into it. The problem I've run into is that it's difficult to find a place to buy a Head Nanopower racket. So I've come here looking for help!

My budget for the racket itself after all shipping costs is $100. I will get it strung locally if need be but this price is excluded from my budget.

I would love to get a racket that feels as similar as possible to the Head Nanopower 600 or 700.

So firstly I'll talk about me:

• Shuttle: Plastic and Feather
    • Level: Intermediate
    • Play-style: I'm fast, and prefer to attack. I mostly play back court doubles and singles.
    • How often I play: Once weekly, < 3 tournaments/year.
    • Durability VS Performance: Since I'm tight for cash right now I'm going to have to go with durable.
    • Racket preferences:
      • Balance: Haven't used enough rackets to tell. But my favorite racket so far was the Head Nanopower 600.
      • Weight: As light as possible.
      • Flex: Somewhat flexible.
      • String Tension: Unsure, maybe a little low.
      • String type: I have no idea what I need.
      • Grip: A little on the soft side, smooth or tacky as long as it's grippy.
      • Overgrip: I don't like over grip, I would rather take off the old grip when replacing.

Now the rackets:

Head NanoPower 700 Specs
    Head size: 364 cm2
    Flex Index: Flexible
    Weight: 85 g
    Balance: 290 mm
    Length: 675 mm
    Head NanoPower 600 Specs

Head size: 364 cm2
    Weight (unstrung ) : 87 g
    Balance (unstrung ) : 288 mm
    Flex Index : flexible