Breaking Rackets on a 6 pt Support Stringing Tool

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Taeivon, Sep 17, 2014.

1. Taeivon

Taeivon Regular Member

Dear all master stringers here.
    I'm a new wannabe who just gotten my own 6pt drop weight machine for stringing.

Currently I've strung only 7 rackets in the past 2 weeks since i gotten the tool. All using Haribito around the world style, thanks to Kwun's informative videos and other information throughout the forum.

Question now is that how many of you ever broke a racket while stringing on a 6 pt support tool? I get nervous when i see the racket move a bit when i string my own crosses at 28lbs.

Having said that, i broke two BG66UM when i tried to string my BS LHI at 34lbs (yes u saw me right, its 34lbs) just to see if the racket and my skills are good enough or not. The racket survived, the strings broke twice at the similar spot near the upper crosses...

Anyway, pls let me know if anyone has any experiences on breaking rackets on a 6pt support tool, and any preventive measures to avoid racket breakages.

Many thanks!

2. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    7 rackets is way too small to string confidently.

I would advise stringing at least 20 more racquets at 24lbs or less. There are subtle skills to learn.

However, if you prefer the school of hard knocks and regrets, I think you are doing fine. :D

3. amleto

amleto Regular Member

^^ agree. Trying 34lbs with ~ 5 string jobs experience :eek: And 'just to see if your skills and racket are good enough... ¬_¬ Hope you have some spare (and cheap) rackets!

4. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    It's very uncommon that somebody breaks a racket during stringing with proper technique. It can happen if a racket has a huge chip with a tiny crack or if you string a racket several times with ultra high tension like your 34lbs.
    I did the same in the past and started immediately with stringing my own rackets with 30lbs. But I wouldn't recommend it on expensive rackets and especially not for clients. You can get a bad name if you break clients rackets.
    IMO it's the best to begin with lower jobs like 22-24lbs and if you did 20-30 jobs you can go a few lbs higher. I don't recommend experiments with high tension on rackets. If you have a solid and proper technique to string and the experience you can start to do 30lbs jobs. Change grommets often to prevent that string will cut into the frame and inspect a racket with your eagle eyes before starting stringing.