the highest string tension you ever strung

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by ucantseeme, Sep 20, 2014.

1. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Hello guys,

I'm curios about the requests from clients. Maybe you string for yourself at high tension. The highest I ever strung was 32x34 lbs 4U VTZF for a guy at my club who is a really decent player with excellent technique. Is there anything special what you do when you receive such a request? What do you recommend?
    I normally examine the racket before and look for chips and small cracks. If I find something which is abnormal I don't string the racket. I replace most grommets to prevent that string will cut into the frame. I use the chudek supports and a load spreader for the top. Maybe you do something different or additional.

Maybe some pro stringers like Mark A like to share.:)

2. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

Highest I ever strung was 31x31 lbs for me (N90 III); highest for a client was 29x29 lbs (Nanospeed 4500).

3. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

So far, 33/33 for Lee Sheng Mu and Tsai Chia Hsin.

As far as "special procedures", a grommet check is a must. Just ask Paul;P.

4. Alex82

Alex82 Regular Member

Linux-Sysadmin
    Highest was 31/33 on an Arc10. All above 24 lbs grommets should be checked. All above 26 lbs the grommets in the critical places shouls be changed every time before strining.

5. heroclass

heroclass Regular Member

for myself i string 31/33 but i have strung 32/34 before and it should be fine. As Long as you got bottom up on yonex racquets and having proper mounting and a good conditioned racquet then it should be fine

6. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Or turned - just use a flat screwdriver and move them 90 degrees.

7. Alex82

Alex82 Regular Member

Linux-Sysadmin
    Hmm i never turn grommets. If they are weak i change them... Last year i strung a racket where the grommets are turned 4 or more times. All grommets looked horrible. Inside and outside. So i changed them all. The frame under the grommets looked horrible too... The shared grommets cut into the frame, that i need a drill to remove them completely.

So i change them and don't turn it. We spend so much money in shuttlecocks, rackets, strings and shoes. So why not change them for little money...

8. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    I agree with Alex82. Turning grommets is for penny pinchers. ;) I made also bad experiences with turning grommets in the past. So I replace them to be safe.

9. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Perhaps I should rephrase: I turn mine, as in my own personal rackets.

I also make a point of flipping a racket over every time I restring - my top knot is always in the top right corner, so flipping gives most of the grommets a fresh contact patch with the string.

10. PinkDawg

PinkDawg Regular Member

28-30 for fun on Muscle Power 7 :D
    Speaking of grommets- of course you can buy grommets from lots of places like MBS- does one buy all of the kinds of grommets or only specific kinds?

11. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

IME you only need two kinds: 2.1 and 2.7. Get the longest versions of each, and you're golden.

12. Dekkert

Dekkert Regular Member

Highest stringing I've done is 35/37 on a YY Arc10. 2PTD. First 4 crosses were 35, next 4 crosses 36, the rest 37. Always pulling first 2 crosses together twice and put 2 pounds extra on last mains and last cross.

I was a little bit nervous. Also wondered if the string would hold, but it did. Was a BG65Ti. The racket was from a national player, so if it broke, he would have gotten it replaced anyways.

By the way, in three weeks there is a stringing seminar at the Yonex Dutch Open given by Mark Lawrence. A certified member of the European Racket Stringers Association and official Yonex stringing team for many years. Anyone familiar with him? Is it worth attending? I'm quite interested, but it's 2 hours and I'm afraid I won't change my stringing method. Especially since Yonex will tell that bottum up is the way to go.

13. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    Let me guess. Marc die Zwiebel?

14. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Even if you won't change your method, it is always good to know opinions from different experts.

15. Dekkert

Dekkert Regular Member

Cheung, you are absolutely right. It was stupid of me to say. In fact, I am open for all the opinions and advice. That's how I started, by reading everything on this forum before choosing a method.

[MENTION=59291]ucantseeme[/MENTION]: No, Marc Zwiebler is German. I am from The Netherlands ;)

16. Cycril

Cycril Regular Member

I just wish the stringer here are same like you guys, the stringer at my area doesn't care about stringing pattern and they never ever change our gourmet unless we request it. (Extra fee required)

There is 1 time when one of the stringer strung my friend's racket up to 25lbs without the gourmet (directly stringing through the graphite). When the gourmet cracked and fall out of nowhere when the string was snapped and removed. All the service is the same here, 2 knot.

Sorry for being off topic but I don't string myself. But the highest stringing I ever seen was 30/31lbs when I visited a shop.

17. zipperat

zipperat Regular Member

Sports Instructor
    Taufik tension 33H, 36V. Feels pretty nice.

18. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
  19. Rolo7

Rolo7 Regular Member

Dang, that was like watching a suspense movie! :eek:

20. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    noticed the super slow and careful movement as well as the pause on every pull. :D