Cushioning in Yonex SHB-F1N LTD and Adidas Quickforce 7

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by Dekkert, Sep 24, 2014.

1. Dekkert

Dekkert Regular Member

Hi guys, I have a question about cushioning. I've read that the SHB-F1N LTD is a very light shoe, but still with excellent cushioning. Is it like good cushioning similar to most other yonex shoes despite the low weight, or has it even better cushioning than other yonex models AND stil very light weight? Anybody that can enlighten this?

Now I'm using Adidas BT Feather and I'm quite happy with these shoes. Cushioning is good, grip is the best I've had so far (yonex, Gel blade 3), padding around the ankle could be better.
    However, I've been told by someone from Adidas, that the new Quickforce 7 will be very lightweight and lower to the ground, but still will be having even better cushioning than the BT Feather. I'm really interested in this one, but it is still very expensive, €130.
    Anyone tried this shoe already?

Thanks!

2. FlyingDutch

FlyingDutch Regular Member

Student
    I have to say i still think the bt feather is the best shoe yet, especially for wide feet. Do not go for the f1n if you want a shoe with good cushioning. In fact it is one of the most unreliable shoes yonex ever made because of the lightweight material and many players struggle with pain and injury because of those shoes. You can try the shb 87 or even the shb 01 but definitely not the f1n if you want more cushioning than you get from your bt feather ;)
    I did not wear the Quickforce 7 yet but i wont as long as the bt feather is still on sale. I just bought 3 pairs for the now starting next season for 60€ each, and when the quickforce 7 gets a bit more reasonably priced i will test it as well.

3. angchor

angchor Regular Member

Not sure abt u but i have used my yy f1 ltd for a year n the cushioning is superd. Previously was using victor 9000ace, cushioning give up on me after 6 months or so. Played 2 to 3 times a week and i weight abt 90kg. No complain so far. Will be getting another yy power cushion in dec, most likely f1 ltd orange.

4. Lyonn Loo

Lyonn Loo Regular Member

Human
    I saw the quickforce 7 today.its already out in malaysia in kl and is selling for rm 400 (arnd us $120) n i hav to say it is very lightweight abt the same as shb f1 or even lighter.cushioning n built wise, even better than the shb f1 neo.looks great too