Mid range Victor's double racket ?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by nic96, Oct 4, 2014.

1. nic96

nic96 Regular Member

Hi ,

I'm looking for a mid-range Victor's racket for doubles .
    I 'm a intermediate player , play mostly doubles and loves hard smashes, the shuttlecock I use is feather
    I'm considering between BRS-1100 and MX-1000
    Which will be more suitable for my playstyle ?
    If there is other racket that fit , please do recommend , my budget is <$100

Thanks

2. nic96

nic96 Regular Member

BUMP

10char

3. guantou

guantou Regular Member

Depends on wad you prefer based on the 2 rackets, i would choose the mx

brs has a aero-frame, which s more suited for defence and mid-stiff so it will be easier to use
    mx is a all-around frame, isnt much slower but its rated 5/5 stiff, so im not sure if u will be able to handle the stiffness

but since u have a budget of <100 bucks

my recommendation is that you hang around the buy/sell forum and get a 2nd hand but high end model
    reason being low to mid end models are very hard to let-go if u do not like the racket

as with all racket recommendations, its best to swing a racket to find out how it feels
    looking at specs helps to narrow down choices,
    swinging the racket lets you know if you really like the racket

4. nic96

nic96 Regular Member

Hi ,
    Thanks for your reply !

What does it mean by unable to handle the stiffness ? Straining too much shoulder strength ?

I agree with you saying to buy a 2nd hand high end model and selling it off if it doesn't suit me , but given my budget , I'm unable to find one .. I play mostly doubles and have an aggressive playstyle , which racket would you recommend ?

5. guantou

guantou Regular Member

a stiff racket in theory requires technique to unleash its usefulness (harder to bend = need more strength)
    so players with no technique use more strength to bend the shaft, they just swing as hard as they can just
    to bend the shaft, accuracy is usually lost

as you have not mentioned ur previous rackets, i will recommend some general good choices

BS11 -> aero frame for speed , mid-stiff shaft for so the racket head doesnt lag behind while not being too stiff that power is hard to generate.

mx60 -> known for its user-friendliness in the forum (seen some going for <100 but rare)
    mid stiff, octablade frame (i sold mine, replaced with k6000)

mx-jjs/mx90 -> stiffer version of mx60, but new so it would be out of budget, just mentioning them so u can look them up

both have been around for at least a year already and updated models have been released (hence a slight price drop)

u cld look into older models like the superwaves or braveswords 8,9,10

6. nic96

nic96 Regular Member

I've considered BS11 , MX60 and 90 before , but it was off my budget so I gave up that idea

If I were to buy 2nd hand , how do I know if the racket bought is authentic ?
    Does paint chip matter a lot in buying a racket ? I am afraid that it might break the racket after a few usage

7. guantou

guantou Regular Member

go to the victor website, there's a page that tells u how to differentiate authentic from fake. paint chips dun matter only for the looks, cracks are are serious as this means the frame is broken...

one tip: be patient in the forums or u cld look at rkep/fleet rackets too (comes from same factory as victor)

so the moulds used to make the rackets are the same

8. makumaku

makumaku New Member

I suggest you save a bit more so you can afford a better racket, say a thruster k6000??? That's what I use. Good for all-around play, single or double. I'm an offensive player and loves smashing as well.