Let's play badminton! ChungAng University, Seoul, Korea!

Discussion in 'Japan / Korea' started by xiwen, Sep 4, 2013.

1. xiwen

xiwen New Member

student
    Desperate to play near Chung Ang University (heukseok or sangdo station)

Hi, i am currently doing an exchange programme at Chung Ang University in South Korea, im desperate to play badminton somewhere near my school! any suggestions? I am a female intermediate player, i used to play for my school back in my home country.

2. event

event Regular Member

Take a look at this list. #7 is likely the closest. It's at Gangnam Elementary School. #11 is next. It's at Sanghyun Middle School, which is east of Soonshil Women's Univ. Stn. Both play in the evenings.

If you don't like the facilities at either of these schools, you can simply hop on the #9 line and go to the Magok Gym, which is mentioned in the Seoul thread, among others. Please let me know what you find.

3. xiwen

xiwen New Member

student
    Hi, thank you so much for you reply1!!! :) Anyway, unfortunately icant read korean so i dont know what the website is talking about. I will probably check out two that you mentioned :) may i know which days n time they play? :) Thank you so much!!!

4. event

event Regular Member

Well, the one thing you can read on those pages is the times, for which #7 says 8-10PM. I don't know about the days there but #11 says 7:30-10 on weekdays and 5-7:30PM on Saturdays and Sundays.

5. boataro

boataro New Member

Student
  6. event

event Regular Member

Perhaps the moderators could merge this thread with the one already open on this area of Seoul. Boataro, I don't know if you'll find xiwen from that thread still in the area but you never know.

7. boataro

boataro New Member

Student
    OK, thank you very much.

8. event

event Regular Member

You may have read this from the link you included above but the Badmintontimes listing says the Dalma Club is on outdoor courts, in front of Dalma Temple, but a road-view photo from Daum Maps shows that there is a kind of tent over the courts. I don't know whether the courts have a dirt or a concrete floor. I've seen both. If you are looking for a public facility nearby, another place to try might be the Guksabong Gym, about 2.5km away.