Need a New Racket.

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Overdog, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Overdog

Overdog New Member

looking to get a new racket and just was wondering if anyone could help out.

1. How often do you play, how serious are you?
    i play twice a week with the possibility of matches on top of that, not playing on a high level just university.

2. What style of player are you?
    not really aggressive, i play a lot more doubles than i do singles. i aim to get more precise shots rather than just smashing it.

3. Do you care much about durability or is it all about performance?
    durability is important as i don't really want to buy a new racket that soon, that saying good performance is necessary.

4. How much money do you want to spend?
    price range is around £70 may go a little higher if needed.

been looking at rackets like the yonex nanoray series but not entirely sure if i should go for that and if yes which one to go for.

thanks a lot, please ask anything if any more info is needed.

2. Shenvi

Shenvi Regular Member

Badminton animal
    Price wise, if you are really looking for a good nanoray racquet, you will need around £100 for a good one :)
    ---
    About the nanoray series, if you are the type of person who love flexible racket, nanoray 700fx can be an option, easy on your hand, it can be strong if you need to but full court clear can be a problem if your wrist is not strong enough :)

Nanoray 800, stiffer and just slightly head heavier, no more problem with full court clear, driving and dropping is something it has been made for.

Otherwise, you can go for ArcSaber 7 or 11. The arcsaber 7 is a bit easier on your arm than arcsaber 11 (slightly lighter if I recall correctly). They are both made for precision shots with quite a punch of power in them :)

I recomend taking a look at those 2 arcsaber and the nanoray 800 if you are serious about this XD

3. kjchan

kjchan Regular Member

How is your technique? If it is not on point then the stiff higher end rackets might not be a good choice for you.

4. Overdog

Overdog New Member

my technique isn't perfect so i want a racket with a bit more leeway until i get a bit better and might get a new one. and thanks for the suggestions shenvi but those are a bit out of my price range. anyone heard anything good from the arcsaber 6 or nanoray 300?

5. Overdog

Overdog New Member

so would something liek the arcsaber 6 be better?

6. kjchan

kjchan Regular Member

Really depends what you like the feel of better. Have you tried any Arcsaber/Nanoray/Voltric rackets? I find the Nanorays very light in the head and gives it excellent manuverbility. Sometimes to the point where I do shots so fast that it sacrifices the accuracy. It's good for those reflex shots.

The Arcsaber series for me is just an all around great racket, very accurate, and fast when I need it. It really does offer great control. It gives me a really nice feel whenever I use it.

Voltric is head heavy which might not be what you're looking for. If you're not used to head heavy rackets it appears very slow and cumbersome. Though it excels in generating power of course.

7. Overdog

Overdog New Member

ok i think arcsaber might be the one for me then. the next question is if order online from some places they offer free string upgrade but i have no idea about strings apart from what i have looked up online. the strings must be durable.

this is the website i was looking at so you can see what upgrades are available,
    http://www.centralsports.co.uk/products/yonex-arcsaber-6-badminton-racket

8. kjchan

kjchan Regular Member

If you want durability get the BG65 but there doesn't seem to be that option on the website you provided. So go with the BG65TI. It's a thick string so it'll last a while. It's coated in titanium which gives it a hard feel. When you pull off shots it makes a great crisp ping sound. I've used it on one of my rackets and really enjoyed it.

Get your racket strung at 22lb if you play with feather and 20lb if you play with plastic. As you feel more confident with your game and get better with your technique, increase your tension by 1lb for your next restring.