Victor shuttlecock speed

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by vtqanh, Oct 6, 2014.

1. vtqanh

vtqanh Regular Member

I am considering ordering some Victor shuttlecocks from BadmintonShopOnline.us and notice they have these speed available

Speed: 77(Slower)/ 78 (Faster) [Hong Kong Scale] ; 76(Slower)/ 77 (Faster) [China Scale]

So I'm a bit confused by the Hong Kong Scale and China Scale. I live in the US West Coast and we usually play with Yonex AS40/50 Speed 3 which seems to work fine for us (it's usually a bit fast the first 4-5 points but after that it's good). Should I order the "faster" or "slower" version ? If anybody has ordered these before please let me know

2. kaki!

kaki! Regular Member

I don't know about Victor. I use Youhe in the Bay Area and even 76 is a bit fast sometimes, so I won't touch any faster speed.

3. Benwilluk

Benwilluk Regular Member

Marketing
    In the UK we have speed 76, 77, 78 and even 79.

76 always being the slowest up to 79 which are the fastest.

4. vtqanh

vtqanh Regular Member

Thanks all. I am still not sure what the differences are between China Scale and Hong Kong scale. From their description it seems like Hong Kong 77 is the same as China 76 and Hong Kong 78 is the same as China 77. We usually play with Speed 3 (Yonex) or Speed 77 (Aeroplane, RSL), but I don't know if typical 77 that we are used to playing with is Hong Kong scale or China Scale.

I sent them an inquiry already but figured I would ask here in case people have ordered Victor birdies from them before