Anti twist system

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by evoixmr, Oct 10, 2014.

1. evoixmr

evoixmr Regular Member

Hi everyone, i'm newbie here. What is "sticky" means?
    And my main question is... I used to use shb sc5ex, and i read that it got anti-twist system and i can see it functional. The problem is, i use shb87ex now and twist my ankle this sunday. Does every yonex shoes have that anti-twist system on them? If not, what type of shoes which do?
    Thank you for your kind attention

2. evoixmr

evoixmr Regular Member

Btw, do i get notification if anyone reply to my thread? How does it happen? Thanks

3. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    This model doesn't look like it has the 'lateral claw'. That is a side support on the outer edge of the shoe. Some other manufacturers also put this side support on their design.

If you footwork is a little bit wrong, it can be quite easy to twist the shoe. I feel the side support design is very, very helpful to prevent twisted ankles.

4. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

No matter what some words on the box say, no shoe can 100% prevent you from twisting your ankle.

It sounds as though some shoe designs might be a bit better than other, as you and Cheung point out.
    But it is even more important to move about the court properly, to have good balance and strong legs/ankles.
    And the thing that drives me wild is seeing youngsters on the court playing with their shoes only half- tied.

5. pchospital

pchospital Regular Member

PC servcing and DIY PC
    Cheung, you did not answer how he would know if get notification if anyone reply to his thread.

evoixmr, you may wish try kumpoo shoes. http://kumpoo.com/info.asp?cid=21#48_86 It is mentioned their shoes "Kumpoo's unique molding and patent sole design can prevent the feet spraining."

We ourselves have tried with the kumpoo shoes and we feel it is good.

Then always make sure the shoes we had chosen are not too big. Never compromise the size just because we like the colour or design. Size for different model may differs and so does the cutting:)
    We had seen many of our players getting the wrong sizes for their shoes.
    Most of them got it either half size or one size bigger which is wrong.

Please also buy another pair of shoes as current pair may not be suitable for you.

#5 pchospital, Oct 10, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2014
  6. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    It is well apparent that you also did not answer. Feel free to assist.

I think we both agreed to answer the main question.;)

7. evoixmr

evoixmr Regular Member

"Anti-twist System - The Yonex Anti-twist System around the heel adds rigidity that helps maintain the function and shape of the heel to prevent injury to the ankle."
    That is what i read from the internet
    Maybe someone could help me which yonex shoes that have that system in them? I believe that system exist coz i try it myself, i did fall with a wrong body position but suddenly the sc5ex was so rigid that it helps my ankle on position. I had an ankle with a loose tie on sc5ex tho. But as long as i tied it properly, the system is functional.
    Up till now i haven't tried any other shoes since i'm such a picky guy which need to know clearly what item or tech that i bought.
    Maybe someone could help me which yonex shoes that have that system in them?
    Thank you

8. alien9113

alien9113 Regular Member

Although I like Yonex as a brand, their shoes somehow don't give me a sense of security and stability. I'm not doubting that it doesn't work, but it's probably not suitable for my feet arches as I am flat-footed.

Yonex's shoes support seems to be targeted at people with normal feet arches, not flat feet.

For those whose feet arches are flat or almost flat, I find shoes with side support much better at preventing sprains. And also give a sense of security and stability.

That's my experience though. You might feel otherwise.

9. evoixmr

evoixmr Regular Member

Testing testing

10. evoixmr

evoixmr Regular Member

second testing