Good Ol' Muscle Ache

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by cheongsa, Apr 4, 2004.

1. cheongsa

cheongsa Regular Member

Assistant Professor
    When I started getting back into playing badminton three years ago, I would play twice a week for a duration of 2-3 hours each. And then for half a year, I would have muscle ache all over my body the next day.

But as I got more and more conditioned, the muscle ache went away. Now I play three times a week for a duration of 3-4 hours each, and feel fine the next day.

Yesterday I went for the Mansfield Badminton Open, played 5 singles matches (1 easy match, and 4 of moderate intensity) and 2 doubles matches (1 moderate intensity, and 1 high intensity).

And today the good old muscle ache is back!

2. other

other Regular Member

Student
    well, just 6 more months of Open compeition and you'll need to move up to international competitions to get back that muscle ache :D

3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i did some weight training when i was young. when i first started, my whole body ached like crazy. i had problem even moving around, my back and leg muscles was in so much pain, i needed my arm to help my sit down.

but after 2 weeks of regular training, i was no longer aching. i kept on for a few months and everything was good.

then after i stopped for a months, i went back to weight training and again, the initial two weeks i was in pain.

so i think the body needs to get used to the intensity, if you increase intensity, it will ache but after a week or two at that level, it will get used to it again.

4. Dill

Dill Regular Member

Lazy git (my coach can verify this)
    Having a soak in a warm bath afterwards helps as well (some of the time)