Hi hi halo.. Challenge? rackets?

Discussion in 'Singapore' started by Z1985, Apr 5, 2004.

1. Z1985

Z1985 Regular Member

slack
    woot. jus saw this webbie today. dint noe there's this kinda forum going on. anyway. i 19 this yr currently studying in SP and living west. my standard around sec skool team standard ba.. hope to find any1 living in cck or west side ppl to challenge wif. currently taking up coaching and 1st lesson is 2 days ago. =D
    i tink i will improve alot more.. any1 wanna challenge or plays in SP can msg me. i play in SP to save court money. but if u guys wan book ourside courts. we share share pay? its been costing me a bomb to play badminton. i use protech PT10 shuttles. hmm.. any1 got any realli good rackets to intro? pls reply about anything above. thanks. btw, i training up singles but oso plays double well(depends).

2. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    those singlish is spoiling me :eek:

3. Winex West Can

Winex West Can Regular Member

Hi Tech
    Tell me about it and I'm from that part of the world too. It's difficult enough to try and understand the question asked much less having to spend time and effort understanding what each word is supposed to be. ;)

4. Z1985

Z1985 Regular Member

slack
    oh. i am sorry. but isn this supposed to be a singapore thread or smth like tt?
    i use alot of short forms but i dun tink it needs alot of time to work out cuz these r jus common short forms. those ppl who goes to irc or chat online should understand them. anyway, u all got any durable and nice flight shuttle costing ard $15 to intro? Ashaway official(grey) is good? how gd?

5. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    :p
    Hi Z1985

First, welcome to this forum. For badminton challenges and the like, there is a Singapore Badminton website, the address of which you can find somewhere here, for you to join BFers who play at Jurong East Sports Hall regularly. I just got to know about this only recently when kwun decided to arrange play locations according to country regions. I think PoiseidonLee is in charge of that group and you may wish to PM him. That website has interesting things which you are now inquiring, like the brands and cost of shuttles and rackets.

On the subject of English, I hope you can understand that this forum is read by our badminton friends from all over the world. As such it will be nice if you can write standard English, without resorting to too many short forms or Singlish, so that they can understand you better. I am from the old school and I may not be able to understand some of the words and shortforms that you use. Sometimes when one gets into the habit of using non-standard English, it is hard to change and as a result, one's English can deteriorate.

Welcome once again! I'm sure you will find this forum interesting especially when you have already spent so much money learning to play the game well.

6. kvyra

kvyra Regular Member

shuttles wise

theres a host of budget shuttles in asia

yang yang
    sintec
    sealion(china made and used for youth trainings..sounds bad i know haha but unless ure a top player ill give u the sealion and a yonex as40 and u wont know the difference)
    i really dunt wanna clog up the forum
    pm me for more details<---realise im responding quite abit to your threads lol

7. PoseidonLee

PoseidonLee Regular Member

Technician
    Hi Loh,

Thks for helping to promote our e-group. So when are you dropping by for a game? :)

As for the Singlish ... well, hope that our "international" friends can be more forgiving. Must admit though that it's getting really bad nowadays especially with the younger generation! Personally have received SMS on my handphone that I really struggled to understand!! :mad: hahahah!!

Then again, it's really the best way to identify a fellow Singaporean! :D

8. Ariesto

Ariesto Regular Member

wanna play

i want to play... i prefer double... contact me .. Ariesto_master@yahoo.com
    thanks