Just writing to say hi!

Discussion in 'Professional Players' started by Adel, Apr 5, 2004.

1. Adel

Adel Regular Member

Student
    Hihi...

I'm writing because Kwun once complained that I only post after the Singapore Open so I guess I'm trying to show that this ain't true. =)

I've been so friggin' busy with schoolwork I almost forgot that badminton existed (ooops)... it really sucks that TCS in Singapore suddenly decided to start showing all the badminton matches after I've flown to the States, which means I don't get to watch any of them. But I've happily aroused the interest of my mum and dad so they are now watching badminton consistently... (oh, and my mum actually emails me to tell me whether Kim Dong Moon wins or loses, which is a great thing!)

Dun really know what to say anymore except the MD scene has changed quite a lot. Kinda miss the good ol' days with Tony (man, I REALLY MISS TONY SO MUCH!) and it frightens me to think that Candra might not even make the Olympics cut. Sheesh. And four years ago, I was praying before my econs exam not for an A grade but that they'll beat Kim and Ha in the semis... haha.

Kim and Ra are still amazing in the XD... dunno if I ever mention that I saw a live interview with them in Korea. That was last summer though but to an ageing person like me, it felt like yesterday. Was just randomly flipping channels in an empty TV room and when I saw them, I was like "AHHHHHH!!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!" But screaming aside, I couldn't really understand what they were saying except for really mundane thgs like "i hope for good results next year" (duh!). Oh, and Ra didn't really talk during the interview. Juz kept looking at her nails...

And yes, thanks to whoever it was for posting all those cute pics of them. And that comment abt same-gender "pak tor-ing" made me laugh out loud in the middle of an Internet cafe and people were staring at me! Seriously, they would make a cute couple (photogenically if nothing else) though I think it's going to be a lot of pressure for the kids if they turn out to suck at badminton (like I said, when you're old, you think of such things).

Ok, that was a lot of useless banter. I hope all of you are staying healthy.... er... Cheung: how's the baby? Kwun: thanks for maintaining this site and keeping it going as usual.... and to all the Singaporeans: eat more chicken rice for me!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers,
    Adeline

ps. Sorry if I'm posting on the wrong forum etc. etc. Just taking a break from studying and I really don't have the luxury to scroll through long postings like I used to.

2. Adel

Adel Regular Member

Student
    Oh.... and to all those ppl who ask players for shirts: do they give you fresh ones or dirty ones? I'm sorry this sounds a profoundly sick question but I once read an article about players throwing their shirts into the crowd and I was like EWWWW.... wonder if the fans who catch them throw them into the wash first (coz they might er... wanna keep the sweat as some sort of souvenir you know????)

3. willie

willie Regular Member

draftsperson
    That's what Xia did when he won the WC last year, Zhang Ning was a bit stingy on that. Em.... I would hand wash instead of machine wash. Keep writing, Adel.

4. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Nice to know you are still around!:) And surviving in the States. :eek:

5. WoAiZhongGuo

WoAiZhongGuo Regular Member

Once a Chinese, always a Chinese..... live in Engl
    huh? what do you mean by stingy? who actually caught Xia's shirt anyway?

6. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    you expect Zhang Ning to take off her shirt and throw it into the crowd? ;)

welcome back Adel!

7. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    It better be Nike underneath her shirt if she does that:D.

8. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    maybe Yonex, or "Great Panda" brand. :rolleyes:

9. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    If she's looking for that kinda money:rolleyes:. I think it's safe to say that Nike pays more than Yonex:D.