Noob looking for a new racket.

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Bionicle, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Bionicle

Bionicle New Member

Hi guys,

I'm playing badminton since quite a while now and i broke my old racket and I need a new one. So I need your help to know how do I choose a racquet and how much should I spend? Have a great day.

2. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

"I have been driving for quite a while. My old vehicle broke down and I need another one. Which should I buy?"
    Well, that depends on how you drive, how often you drive, where you drive, what you use your vehicle for, whether you like manual or automatic, speed or utility, etc. etc.

As you can see, you haven't given us much to go on. :p

However, here is racket advice with which you can't go wrong: Try out a bunch of your friends rackets. See what you like or dislike about them. Maybe one is exactly what you want! :)

Otherwise, starting from scratch on the internet is a really daunting process. There are a zillion rackets, and none of them is perfect for everyone. So first know thyself.
    Good luck!

3. Bionicle

Bionicle New Member

First, thanks for answering man. I haven't given a lot of informations because I don't really know what can and cannot help you. Tell me what you need to know.

I play at least once per week for fun. I don't do any competition. In average I play 3 time a week I think. I think my main force are my reflexeses and my smah. I win most of my points by smashing. I have to trouble to get to shuttlecock from the back of my court to my ennemy's somtimes. I'm willing to spend 150$. I don't mind buying usd stuff.

4. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

That is quite a bit of useful information.:)

Fast reflexes and like to smash? Intermediate level player? Not so fussy as to demand newest of new?

You might enjoy the venerable Black Knight Photon XL. Light, fast, with good oomph. They were very popular in Canada and used to cost an extraordinary amount. But since it's older, you may be able to find a deal. (for example here)

Another good value smash-happy racket is the Victor Tornado 662. Marketed as lower level, but I must say that I've never had more fun smashing than with this little beauty. :) (for example here

Those are two good -value examples that you can find in Canada. There may be others readily available, depending on where in Canada you are. If you end up getting a good racket for under your set price, you should invest the remainder in getting a good string job...... and then coaching. Lots of coaching! :p

5. |_Footwork_|

|_Footwork_| Regular Member

The way you describe yourself, your ambitions and your level of play, I think the best way to get a new racket is as follows:
    Go to a shop, grab some rackets. Take the one that "feels good".

Most of the time, this feeling will be better than any suggestion on the internet...

6. chienming

chienming Regular Member

manager
    I was a doubles player, I would like to recommend Victor BS12 to you, Because it is a very popular racket from beginner to top player.

7. Smashit!

Smashit! Regular Member

... and - if possible - try to get a racket for testing !

Joachim.

8. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>

What was the racket u broke? How do u feel bout that old racket? What did u find lacking...?

9. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    What's your favourite colour? :D

10. Bionicle

Bionicle New Member

That would be black and gray lol.:D

11. Bionicle

Bionicle New Member

I can't remember. It has been quite a while. :( Now I'm playing with an old babolat fuse control. My biggest complain about this racket is that it felt kinda heavy while now having a lot of power when stricking the shuttlecock. Also, I had the feeling that the air was slowing it when smashing. I tried a Voltric Zforce once and what I loved about this racket is that it felt like there was no air resistance at all.

12. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>
    Since u like VT-ZF, y not just get that...
    Alternatively, there's VT-ZF2 which most users said r more user-friendly n swings faster than its predecessor, albeit its smaller head.

From Victor brand, recommend the TK-9ooo. Its best if u could try them all or at least take a couple of swings at the shop to gauge the feel.

13. Smashit!

Smashit! Regular Member

Maybe my experiences may be helpfull to you :

1. Link
    2. link

HTH !?!

Joachim.