Racket Recommendation (Keep VT80 or Try New) & Modification to (Yonex ARC FB)

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Superzoom, Oct 25, 2014.

1. Superzoom

Superzoom Regular Member

Hi Need help & perspective

Background - Plays 95% doubles games. All-around game - Excellent Defense and Above-average Offense (because don't smash often due to 40+ years Age physical limitation :) hence not Excellent ... but very attacking tactical / postional game .. almost like treating as Chess match to exploits opponents weakness or gaps in the court to force them produce weak returns to finish it off or let partner finish it.

Rackets - Used Ti8 which was great for me. Than last 3 years or so using VT80 4U / 4G as primary. thought of experimenting and had FB 6U / 4G.

Current state -

1) As of Lately feeling .. VT80 is not good as it was 3 years back in terms of "Feel & Response" (but than it might have cracks .. as probably 5 times crashed with parner in last 2-3 years and racket mayhave aged

2) FB - Thought of experimenting and took it. great movement but somewhat lacking power

Question

1) Thinking about another new racket (head-heavy. all-around suitable .. something which allows me to "overcompensate my lack of power"

So just but VT80 new again ? or any other alternative like Nanoray 800 etc ?any other suggesion ?

2) for FB - would it help to add some "Lead tapes" to increase head-balance from "even balance" to "Head-heavy" to make it more effectve for mygame ? some how same racket but from 6U / 4G to 5u? 4g or 4U / 4G could be very effective for 'my
    style of play"

is it possible or just go for Headheavy like BN60 ? (used it and liked it .. lighter but heady heavy with fast swing and great power impact ) having said that I prefer to stay with Yonex brand (no reason .. just personal inclination )

Regards,
    -SZ

2. amleto

amleto Regular Member

victor tk9000, mx90

#2 amleto, Oct 25, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2014
  3. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

Victor TK6000, TK8000, TK9000, MX80, MX90, Yonex VTZFii, VT70ETune... are probably what comes to mind if compared to VT80. Or, you could opt for VT80 3U version. I own one VT80 3U and the power is just great enough for me. Never try 4U version so cant compare.