Be careful!! Shipment of rackets........

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by forrestyung, Apr 6, 2004.

1. forrestyung

forrestyung Regular Member

Salesman
    I have just received a racket, but it is total loss due to unprofessional packing. So I just want to share with all about my experience.

1) If deliver a racket by air-parcel or surface-parcel, please use a box rather than two pieces of carton papers. Without a box shape carton, the packaging is not strong enough to protect the racket.

2) Please ask the shipper to buy the insurance, otherwie no claim even broken or stolen.

3) Must add the fragile sticker on the box in order to have the special care.

I hope the above information may useful for you all.

Attached Files:

2. evolution0

evolution0 Regular Member

Ouch man, I feel very sad for you. All that money wasted. I think its too exspensive to buy online. By the time you win the raquet for $50, the shipping/packaging/insurance fees sure add up.

3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    OUCH!! :( :( :(

sorry to hear that. you must be so shocked to open it. i would be!

looks like a cab something. same design but different color than a cab20. must be from the same era?

4. Side1021

Side1021 Regular Member

I find it hard to get a box that has the smiliar size of a racquet.

5. Midget_Boy

Midget_Boy Regular Member

Student
    I can't make out the picture exactly, but it looks to be a CAB16 or some other old CAB, since My friend has a CAB16, and same colouring(well at least the picture of the racquet looks like a dark blue).

6. calvinlgoh

calvinlgoh Regular Member

Student
    :( ... feel for you...

I recently bought a racket online as well... the packaging for mine was also not that great... when I opened it I was praying for it to alright... thank goodness...

I think rackets should be shipped in a box of similar dimentions with adequate space all around filled with shipping peanuts or those foamy stuff...

I also saw a picture somewhere where the racket was in a FOAM box... also as if it was made specifically for the racket...

Sellers should make an effort to pack properly as a breakage will only ruin your rep and give the buyer a really bad experience...!

calvin

7. Jaywalk

Jaywalk Regular Member

I think u can sent it back to the place where u got it from, let them give u an exchange or refund. Or I heard from my friends, they said that all MP series has warranty on them, so i suggest u call Yonex and ask them about it

8. Brave_Turtle

Brave_Turtle Regular Member

Student
    HaWwWw sorry to see that man... is that Cab21? Try to get refund^^

9. Dill

Dill Regular Member

Lazy git (my coach can verify this)
    They should use a slightly bigger box and pack it with bubble wrap so it can take the impact from below or above.

Using a fragile sticker is sometimes asking for trouble since the people that deal with the freight usually think it is insured and treat them like crap so it invites damage.

Best way is to use a reputable courier on a 24 hour service, the less time they have it the less time for it to break, since it is constantly on the move it should be better than a slower service where it may have time to be stuck in a truck or warehouse.

10. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Tsk tsk tsk .. sad to see the broken racket.. did u manage to replace it? who was the shipper?

11. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Got to bring my rackets to VAN. And was just told, I could not hand carry any of them.

Now, this story really made me worried about my babe(s). :(

12. TrunkZ69

TrunkZ69 Regular Member

Student
    Just buy new ones when you get there :p

13. calvinlgoh

calvinlgoh Regular Member

Student
    I found the picture I was talking about...
    i think it is one of the best way to ship a rackets...

Attached Files:

14. forrestyung

Salesman
    Thanks All!

This is a Cab 16. At the beginning, I want to string it and play for 1 time, then hang it on the wall for collection, but............ There are less and less Cab 16 in the world.

I have consulted with my partner, the shaft is very difficult to amend (since the shaft need flexibility, if adding epoxy or amend it with carbon, then the amended part would be harden and the upper part of shaft would be broken) and this racket is total loss.

Seller is refused to refund even half and explained his view of points. I am extremely disappointed on it, but anyway I would respect his decision and I also have no choice.

Anyway, the main idea of this message is to warm every traders in BC must take care on the packing since the loss is avoidable.

15. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
    I'm interested to hear why he won't compensate part of the cost, when poor packaging contributed to the damage.

Fallback to "Buyer assumes all liablity" or something?

-dave

16. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    that sucks double as it is a rare racket also!

the cab16 is ultra fragile. i had one long long time ago and it broke on the first light clash, kinda like a slim10...

but even though broken, still worthy for the display case, so not all is loss.

17. ynexfan2003

ynexfan2003 Regular Member

Part time (unpaid) wine tester
    I'm sorry to hear about your experience; could you tell us where you bought the racquet (e.g. online store, Ebay etc.) and why postal insurance wasn't offered (it is usually fairly cheap for items up to c. £120)? I suspect that you bought the racquet from a private seller, as it would seem very strange for a racquet company to dispatch regularly items packaged like that shown in the pic without insurance, as they would no doubt have already received similar complaints.

When I bought a racquet from badmintonchain, I was similarly worried about it being damaged in transit (have you seen the way they throw cargo onto planes? :eek: ); however, it was packaged in the same sort of box shown in the pic posted by Calvin, and was insured for the full value of the racquet. Whenever ordering anything of value which has to be posted, it is essential to make sure the item is covered by insurace, especially in the case of ordering racquets, since most vendors use the flimsiest of boxes in order to cut down in postage costs.

#17 ynexfan2003, Apr 7, 2004
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2004
  18. Dill

Dill Regular Member

Lazy git (my coach can verify this)
    It's also very odd that the shipper was not fully insured against damage but that may have put the price of the sale up by a little, insurance in the UK usually only costs a few pounds for a decent level.

Why has the shipper not accepted the blame for his mistake?

I'm sure the law in your country should include small sales (value wise) and should be simmilar to the laws on buying from retail outlets - if the goods are not received in good condition and are not usable for the job they are intended they are deemed faulty and you should be given a refund or exchange. It's the thing about private sales that might be dodgy, unless you can take the case to your equivalent of a small claims court.

19. forrestyung

Salesman
    Seller is one of member in BC, but I think it is better not to discover his name.

He bidded this racket but dislike it, so resell to me. I know he is making zero profit, so I have not asked him to refund all as per ebay and only ask him to share 1/2, but.................... :( I don't want to break the friendship, so I only providing this message to inform everybody to take care the packing.

Anyway, if delivering rackets, please try to find a strong box shape carton rather than use two pieces of carton paper and packed as per sandwich. I have posted serval rackets to my friends, using box shape carton never has problem. Money is not the most important, the most important is this kind of damage is avoidable.

20. ynexfan2003

ynexfan2003 Regular Member

Part time (unpaid) wine tester
    I wish I had such understanding friends like you, Forrestyung; did you hear that, Dill? Despite the fact his friend was responsible for the broken racquet, Forresty is not mad at him; granted that drunkenness was probably not the reason why the racquet got broken, but the imporant thing is that friendship is worth more than money (and that Ynexfan can't afford to buy a replacement Armortec :D ).

On a serious note, since the racquet was broken in transit, would it be possible to put into a box and ship it (with insurance) back to the seller in order to claim compensation from the same company? It's strange the influence University (or rather the financial situation which accompanies being there) has on students' morals; I still remember the days when I used to rub baking soda on my face to get a free replacement of (*cough non-allergenic) shaving foam from the chemist, and the corked bottles of wine which never tated right after three glasses. :rolleyes: