Strings: CBG100

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by evolution0, Apr 6, 2004.

1. evolution0

evolution0 Regular Member

Anyone get a chance to get them and test them? After 3 drives with my friends to Lees they finally had our raquets done. I must say that they strings are really good, they are really tight also and helped me lessen the force I needed. The reason I say that is because I strung mine up My Iso 85 vf Long (old but o well) to 18 pounds (my raq was 16 - 20 pounds). Heh I'm thinking about changing one of my mp77's to cbg100 also heh

2. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    The only thing that I remember people saying about this string is that it's really easy to break. Last about the same as 85.

3. calvinlgoh

calvinlgoh Regular Member

Student
    And really expensive toooo!!

Calvin

4. Brave_Turtle

Brave_Turtle Regular Member

Student
    They are Too expensive for me, I rather use Bg85. Even BG85 is getting too expensive and I might go back to normal Bg65

5. Traum

Traum Regular Member

Please keep us posted about how long your Cyber Natural 100 lasts you. I think more than a few people would be interested to know.

-Rick

6. BobbyGeneric

BobbyGeneric Regular Member

IT professional
    i got it once and it had lasted about 3 weeks, which is reasonably good for me, longer than most bg85 lasts

7. BoboTheBadder

BoboTheBadder Regular Member

Student
    BobbyGeneric - what tension did you string the CBG100 at?

8. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    How many hrs of playing?

9. BobbyGeneric

BobbyGeneric Regular Member

IT professional
    to BoboTheBadder: i believe it was 22x24 or 21x23

to LazyBuddy: that's about 36 +/- 5hours hours of playing for me

i would agree that they had more feel to them, which can give you more accuracy on net shots, and the power i got from them wasn't really any better than other strings i've tried, but it definitely wasn't lacking at all.

if you wanted to try a "rare" string though, i'd say my favorite so far is bg65power, strung at about 24lbs.. it really increased the strength of my shots notably! :)

10. Sean

Sean Regular Member

Network Administrator (MCSE, MCP)
    Bg 66

Hey I got my Carlton Airblade 2000 strung at 22lbs yesterday with Yonex BG 66 strings. They feel rather tinny but super feel to it. I'm of course scared that they would snap faster coz they are only 0.66mm. Any insight to my new choice of strings you guys? I was actually wanting to put BG 65 but unfortunately they were out of stock. I got them for US$4. Excellent bargain eh? Anyway do you think 22lbs was a bad move since the strings are that thin?

11. Brave_Turtle

Brave_Turtle Regular Member

Student
    22lbs seems just fine

12. Hanyuduck2005

Hanyuduck2005 Regular Member

Student
    i just tried the cybernatural strings...they were strung at 25lb tension on my Armortec 700 cp....my 1st impresion of the strings were...they were considerably softer then bg65...and after playing for about 2 hours..the strings broke at cross....maybe its because the strings cannot take the tention...but the feel of the strings were magnificent!

13. Dill

Dill Regular Member

Lazy git (my coach can verify this)
    Well if these are the nearest possible mimic to gut then that would be correct since gut cannot go past 25lbs and last any length of time.

So it would seem they are taking the likeness a bit too far :rolleyes:

14. Renkinjutsushi

Renkinjutsushi Regular Member

i've used the CBG-100 for about a month and a half now (at 22 lbs on my iso 900, playing 2 - 3 times a week and i find the durability pretty good, dunno why so many people say it has a short life span. my first impression of these strings are.... they were waxed :( probably cuz it was imported from Japan... not too sure why, but playing for about 1 hr shook off most of the wax covering and i really got to try em out... jumping from bg-86 Ti.... it was really awkward... they say it has a 'natural' feel to it, i agree it has some odd feeling to it, but i dont like it very much... the repulsion isn't as great as the 68, the power when smashing seems more "solid" in comparison to using 68's "repulsion" to smash... the control of net drops and back court drops are easier to control.... but my smashing seems to be weaker/slower than using the 68... overall, i think people expected too much from these strings... i'd rather stick with the 68 Ti or 88 (85 and 80 is not very durable)

15. Neosakai

Neosakai Regular Member

Unemployed =(
    Right now I'm using BG80 strung at 23lb on a MP30....
    It's been roughly a month by now. Tension probably dropped by a few.
    It's my first string so I've only compared it to the factory strings.

BG80 is pretty powerful I guess, but I'm currently hoping for it to snap in a few weeks so I can try BG88ti or 68ti :D

Say, what's the quality of stringing labor at Lee's?

My BG80 was strung at YO's.. So I'm not much sure.~

16. ting03

ting03 Regular Member

University Student
    wow, it seems like everyone's tried all types of strings already. well, not me! :crying:

i've never even knew about the differences about the strings until i started to follow this forum site...

anyways, i've used BG 65 the standard and long lasting ones! however, recently i have strung my MP 99 with BG 65 Ti at 21 lbs, i must say that they are a bit different, feels much more solid and i like it :) i guess change is good... sometimes :rolleyes:

anyways, i bought an AT 800 DE and it's supposed to be pre-strung with BG 68-ti's, but it hasn't arrived yet. ( i got it off ebay) i'm excited to see and tryout the 68ti's becuz i heard it's sorta the big brother/upgrade of the 65ti's :D

17. Neosakai

Neosakai Regular Member

Unemployed =(
    Hey I haven't try all type of strings lol.. I"ve only tried BG80.

Where did you string your racquet btw?

18. ting03

ting03 Regular Member

University Student
    umm...i string my racquet at YO's...it's like $20 for BG 65's acording to my dad :p

so i guess for diff strings like 68ti, 70pro, 80, 85 etc.. it will be a bit more due to the price of the strings

ting03

19. Renkinjutsushi

Renkinjutsushi Regular Member

well, from here (mississauga)... people tell me the stringing at YO's isn't too good... my friend tells me the strings got pretty loose after getting his racquet restrung there.... i've restrung my racquets at Lee's twice, and to me.... it's better.... so far, both my racquets' stringing lost about 1 lb from its initial tension... one racquet it's restrung since April 2004, and my other racquet is only about a month....
    also... i heard and saw a guy at Lee's (stranger to me) telling his own coach (well, the lady in charge of selling, but my point is he's a member at Lee's)... anyways, he told the lady that he bought his racquet at YO's (a Ti6 or 7...) but decided to get it strung at Lee's....

so i would say the labour or stringing at Lee's would be better than YO's... not sure about the cost though :confused: at Lee's it's $30 for CBG-100 and about $22 for 68 Ti and 88 is somewhere in between lol (i forgot:p )

20. Neosakai

Neosakai Regular Member

Unemployed =(
    lol... Thanks for that brief explaination.

I guess YO's is out of the question then. I think I agree to it too, my string felt looser over a short period of time. But since Lee's is a big club, very busy most of the time. If you take a look at the seller, Betty.. She look so busy she can go at it for a day without washroom break. If that so happen, I'm scare that something will happen to my racquet if I leave it there LOL. Like if they forgot about it or drop it, spill coffee on it, step on it, mix it with some other one, or just throw it in the vault or something...

If that so happens, then YO's have a better way of handling racquets.