Racket Recomendation for under 100 sgd (~80USD)

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by wu_kong101, Oct 28, 2014.

1. wu_kong101

wu_kong101 Regular Member

Insurance - Actuarial
    Play 1 -3 times a week, an intermediate player, previously a singles high school player but now play mostly doubles, currently using badminton as additional motivation to keep fit.

I've been a very much attacked minded player for the most part not until the last 2 -3 years that I've focus on being more defensive and enjoyed it. Used to only focus on being at the back hitting shots down but nowadays I also enjoy being in the front intercepting and setting my partner up. I've less of preference for being at the back but it’s still slightly what I prefer.

Racket should be have a fairly durable, should last at least 2 -3 years.
    Looking for a racket to cost 100 sgd or below (~80 usd , RM250) without strings or grips.

Currently using PROACE ti – 11 for the last 6 years which is a head heavy racket around 88grams, I say mid flex (not too stiff not too flexible)
    Previous racket used and enjoyed, Yonex MP100, MP77, TI-10.

Down to my last 2 rackets after I broke one recently, feeling a little uncomfortable as I can no longer find the model, so I figure I better start hunting for a new model. Thanks in advance!

2. alien9113

alien9113 Regular Member

Apacs and Ashaway rackets are fairly low cost in Singapore. A walk around Queensway should find you a couple of such rackets.

Or you can go across the causeway to JB. More racket choices and lower prices, as well as discounts.

3. wu_kong101

wu_kong101 Regular Member

Insurance - Actuarial
    Thanks for the leads, will I'll drop by Queensway one of these days and swing a couple of rackets.

If anyone has any specific models to recommend that would be much appreciated as well =)