Best shuttles to buy (for a club)

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by Dekkert, Oct 29, 2014.

1. Dekkert

Dekkert Regular Member

Hi guys,

I'd like to have your opinion on the best shuttles to buy. I'm am looking around to procure shuttles for my club around 150-200 cases. I think that buying one of the better shuttles on the market in the end will save more money than going for cheaper shtuttles that will last less long, as long as the better shuttles in percentage are not more expensive than they last longer. For example, we use RSL #1 for around €16. Last year I bought (for myself) YY AS50 for €21. That's only 31% more expensive. However, they last longer >50%. I cannot find them for that price anymore. It was too good to be true, sadly. But I'm looking for comparable shuttles.
    Furthermore, the used shuttles will still be good enough for some forms of trainging, like multi shuttle feeding. The used RSL are actually not useable anymore.
    I do find that although the flight of AS50 is very consistent and the shuttles holds very well (can withstand smashes very good) it slows down quite fast!

Any opinions on shuttles in the league of AS50 with 'good' prices? Btw, AS40 is not allowed anymore in national competition. Don't know why.

Thanks!

2. iceananas

iceananas Regular Member

If you are looking for a cheaper AS50 (durability wise), I can recommand you Li Ning A+300. I lately bought a tube to test (21€ in Germany) and am impressed by the durability. I often play with AS40 and RSL#1 (also our club shuttle, cost 19€ by now) and sometimes with AS50, Li Ning A+300 is definitely much much more durable than the previous two. Sometimes I can play a whole 3 set single game with one shuttle. Flight wise I think AS50 is still a little better, but looking at the price I will get more A+300.

3. Dekkert

Dekkert Regular Member

Hi Icenanas,

Thanks for the tip. Maybe I'll try this one for myself. At which webshop in Germany can I buy it?

However, Li Ning shuttles are at the moment not on the list of allowed shuttles for our national competition.
    So, anyone has other tips?
    The better allowed shuttles seem to be: Carlton GT1, RSL Tourney No1 or Tourney Classic, Victor Gold Champion, Forza VIP, Snow Peak C1101.
    I have no experience with these shuttles except for RSL. So anyone who has experience, could you please compare them?

Thanks!

4. pchospital

pchospital Regular Member

PC servcing and DIY PC
    AS 50 is competition grade.

Our club uses RSL supreme but believed may not be available in your region but Tourney Classic is good and we will use it when we have very good players :)

Personally speaking, we would prefer Tourney Classic over Li Ning A+300.

You may wish try out http://www.e78.com.hk/ for the shuttles?

Believed they get Tourney Classic from distributor direct in Hong Kong.

5. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    RSL no. 1 really break up fast now. Must be duck feathers. Not good for training after being used.

FORZA VIP last OK but slow down quickly.

Snow peak C1101 I quite like. Play with them every so often. Have heard recently of them being less consistent Not experienced by me but I use them once every two months so not enough to notice bad batches.

My regular place is about to change to RSL Classic.

6. visor

visor Regular Member

7. iceananas

iceananas Regular Member

[MENTION=27248]Dekkert[/MENTION]:

This is the shop, they have the lowest price I found and they are an official distributor of Li Ning: http://www.smoof.de/Badminton/Ausruestung/Baelle/Li-Ning-A-300.html

From the ones you mentioned, I did play with all of the except from Snow Peak. For Forza VIP I can confirm its quite good and durable but slows down very quickly. Carlton GT1 is not good, skip. RSL #1 is as I mentioned bad and not durable, Tourney Classic is good but still not as durable as Li Ning A300 and slows down faster. Victor Gold Champion is very good too, but in my opinion too pricey.

8. pchospital

PC servcing and DIY PC
    Yes and confirmed that RSL no. 1 is using duck feathers :)

Tourney Classic is using goose feathers.

Used shuttles can be used for training. The shuttle usually does not wobble even if some feathers are broken and thus suitable to be used for training cum environmental friendly as in we don't waste the feathers :)

9. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Thanks for that info.

By coincidence, I played with this shuttle last night.

Strangely, it's not described on the RSL website.

Pretty good shuttle though! Flies nicely and lasts a decent time (a game or more) but the people I played with aren't those who would enter competitions.

And yes, the name is very strange!

10. pchospital

PC servcing and DIY PC
    Yes and it appears only available in Hoing Kong?