What will you do if you bought a new racquet and it broken after a smash? (Not Clash)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by alexcte, Nov 14, 2014.

1. alexcte

alexcte Regular Member

Hi all,

What will you do if you bought a new racquet and it broken after a smash? (Not Clashes)

Just want to hear everyone view.

2. Exert

Exert Regular Member

Student
    Warranty & get a refund

3. orangenetic

orangenetic Regular Member

Maybe it was strung at a really high tension?

Or maybe you didn't let the strings dig into each other after you freshly strung them?

Or maybe it was just a poorly produced racket...

What brand, model, string, tension was it?

4. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Yes bro , share what racket is it and where you buy from ?

5. alexcte

alexcte Regular Member

It was strung at 25 but i guess it less then that.(done by a maid - looks like it).

Play for only 3 days and it snap during a smashes. ( snap at 7'OClock ) Maybe i should upload some pictures.

It was a Apacs feather weight 300. Bought at S$120 (come with a T-shirt and string)

I was utterly disappointed by the Customer Service from the shop. I will never go back to that shop anymore.

6. alexcte

alexcte Regular Member

It was an Apacs feather weight 300. Bought at S$120 (come with a T-shirt and string)

Bought at NORTHSTAR@AMK 7030 Ang Mo Kio Ave 5 #06-03.

I was utterly disappointed by the Customer Service from the shop. I will never go back to that shop anymore.

I had whatsapp them wanted to ask for opinion but was slam..... apacs 1.jpg apacs 2.jpg apacs 3.jpg apacs 4.jpg

7. alexcte

alexcte Regular Member

Hi Exert,

Thank You for your reply. I guess most top brands had warranty and replacement.

8. Exert

Exert Regular Member

Student
    It could've been the stringer or that you smashed harder taufik at his prime... & I can't believe he just declared it was a clash despite the fact he wasn't even there...

9. alexcte

alexcte Regular Member

Haha...... i am no Taufik bro.... it just a normal smash.
    Oh yes they are not even there. Really disappointed. If it is a clash, i wouldn't have the cheek to even approach them.

10. concretemad

concretemad Regular Member

engineer
    Just bring it there and if still given same kinda response, complain lo to some consumer authorities.

11. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

Well to be honest if there was some sort of fault with the material then surely it would have cracked at a less strong and more stressed part of the frame. That bit that has cracked on your frame has got to be one of the strongest least stressed areas when playing. Best guess is there was a crack already there and it just opened up while you were playing maybe due to a previous clash on a different night?
    Of course it could have been slightly cracked by your stringer or bashed whilst in your bag or even already there when you bought it but you would have noticed on purchase surely?

#11 craigandy, Nov 16, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2014
  12. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

USRSA MRT & Certification Tester
    Their replies seem fine. Looking at the pictures, it is very very very very unlikely that this damage has been caused by just a smash.

About 90% of the people who come in store to claim warranties have clashed their racket into someone else's and lie to the store in order to try to get their racket replaced. It is normal for them to assume that the racked got clashed just by looking at the pictures.

I think they were right to tell you that it is not a case of warranty and to come in store to get a closer look at it. If they see there are absolutely no paint chips around the broken area, they might try to get it replaced by Apacs.

You have to know however that the final decision belongs to Apacs and not the store owners.

13. alexcte

alexcte Regular Member

Thank You Yan.v, You got your point right. Many would lie to get a new racket replace.

But i wouldn't be so thick skin to even cheat on a clashes if there is one. BTW i have so many witness that night. We are season players. Not beginners. We don't clash..... very very rare.

Its their customer service that are not professional. I didn't even ask for a refund.

14. 100minus

100minus Regular Member

it had happened to me on a apacs lethal 18. just few strokes and then the first smash, the racket broke similar to your picture at the same area. didn't even take a picture or cut the strings cause inexperience at the time. no issue with warranty claim though maybe cause they still have plenty of old stock for that model.

15. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

You seem convinced that this is proof of something. All this means is the time the racket actually eventually gave way was not a clash. The night before that when the hall was empty you could of had a massive clash, or shut your car boot and it hit it. It means nothing to say you have witnesses when you did.
    I agree though that is poor customer service for them to not instantly just say bring it in and we can look at it.

16. isben

isben Regular Member

Engineer
    For me only purchased Apacs original series and skip the clones. Has seen a fair bit of Apacs rackets snapping at various locations on the first day of use.
    Was a victim for 3 rackets, the clone of the AT900P when the brand just started.
    All three snapped at the 3 and 9 oclock locations, 1 while lobbing and 2 while smashing.
    Most recently was back in Feb when a Lethal 9 collaspe at the shaft when returning a smash.
    All 4 are strung at 28lbs which is within the recommendation.

The Tantrum series and Fusion series on the other hand has been involved in clashes and escapse unscathed.

As for customer service seems like is easier to get it replaced in Malaysia as in Singapore operating cost has serverly affected after sales service.

17. Smashit!

Smashit! Regular Member

Yan is absolutely right, and I don't get you at all : Their Reaktion is very well professional ! Maybe it helps if you ask yourself how you would have responded on such a demand ... !?!

BTW : Any matter of "solutions" as you Namen it I'd never ever ( ! ) discuss by SMS (or IMVHO STILL worse by Wh**sApp !) but face-to-face !

Joachim.

18. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    The position where it broke is very uncommon for a broken racket due mishit or just smashing. Only based on the pictures I would guess it was a clash, too. IMO the shop and you made mistakes. He was too snappy and said it was a clash without any investigation and you wrote him a chit-chat to solve your problem and after his reaction you tried to blame the brand and shop. You must understand if people are trying over the years to claim warranty for their broken rackets by their fault, you would be sceptic. You can't resent his reaction.
    Go to him, show your racket and explain your problem. Stay cool and businesslike. Maybe you will find a solution and everybody is happy.

19. mms6a

mms6a Regular Member

Smasher
    LET ME TELL YOU

I owned a few APACS rackets in the past, a Tantrum 300, Slayer 99, Slayer 88 and Tantrum 500 International

My Tantrum 500 International frame BROKE exactly in the situation described by the OP

I was on a smashing streak playing doubles (going for my 5th smash in a row) and suddenly after my smash, my next stroke, the racket felt a lot of vibration and lack of power and precision.

That was the moment I noticed the frame cracked at similar to the place where the OP's racket cracked.

This happened a few years ago though.

The T500 International was strung at 27lbs with BG66-Sharp

I also saw a few members who own the Tantrum 500 International and their racket was broken overnight under room temperature and without using it LOL...

So much for APACS' ------------OVER 35 LBS TENSION ------- CLAIMS on their rackets lol

Some of their rackets with bad QC or bad batch can barely even handle 28 lbs let alone 35+ lbs