Rule question...

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by calvinlgoh, Apr 9, 2004.

1. calvinlgoh

calvinlgoh Regular Member

Student
    Tried a search....

I just read from the "things you hate about badminton thread" that you can actually hit a shuttle twice if you swing your racket in one continuous stroke....

That mean that during a return...if i hit the shuttle on the strings and on the follow through the shuttle hit any part of my racket (especially the frame) it would still be a legal stroke..

What about multiple hits...I know that you cannot guide the shuttle along...(is that refered to as the slingshot??)...

While I am asking questions...

when I am at the club I usually like to watch the better players play...(hoping to pick up some tips)... is it ethical to help them on the line calls or should I just shut up and watch... I have never tried to do this for fear that it may be frowned upon and just not right... I want to know before I start calling OUT/IN... i dont want to offend anyone at the club... :D

Calvin

2. Gollum

Gollum Regular Member

You are only allowed a total of two hits of the shuttle during a stroke (three is too many). Obviously this must be part of one continuous stroke movement.

3. Winex West Can

Winex West Can Regular Member

Hi Tech
    Two hits on a continuous stroke is okay but not if you sling the shuttle back.

As for calling shots in/out for games that you are watching, I wouldn't unless the players ask you to.