voltric z force II vs voltric 80

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by 1081708, Nov 17, 2014.

1. 1081708

1081708 Regular Member

i was wondering which is a better racquet? voltric 80 3u or z force 2 4u. my friend is selling me one and i can buy either one and i am looking for a singles racquet. i am an intermediate player. plz help

2. barron

barron New Member

Well that's a tricky question... or may be not. Since they are your friend's racquets, try both of them for a while, play with them for a couple of hours.... Chances are high that you will find one racquet suiting you better than the other. Then go for it. Both are few of the best head heavy racquets produced by yonex. Both require high skill level to get maximum bang for the buck.

Good luck.

insular likes this.
  3. Exert

Exert Regular Member

Student
    I've had both , the z force II is very stiff ///:... I didn't like it and didn't like the sound that came out of it. It was harder to generate power however the voltric 80 may be easier to generate power but as said above you must be able to tame it :p

4. 1081708

1081708 Regular Member

i have tried both and it seems like i like both of them but voltric 80 is 3u so i guess a little more feel??? idk if thats what i am feeling. comparatively has anyone tried the voltric 80 3u and z force II 4u and which is better for singles?? i would like yalls opinion on this. i just want to get the right one for the money i am spending like good investment for singles

thnks

5. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    I personally think that a head heavy 3U racket is a smarter choice for singles, but you will maybe suffer in doubles. The question is: Can you handle the way stiffer shaft of the VTZFII? Not everyone can handle superstiff rackets. There is no shame if you can't handle them.
    If I were you I would try them again in 2 singles matches against the same and a better player than you to avoid too much variables and find the limits. You should be able to judge control, power, defense and feel. If you can't make a decision again I would choose the one in better conditions if I buy second hand.

6. 1081708

1081708 Regular Member

see i tried them and they both are phenomenol but 80 is 3u and z force 2 is 4u so thats makes a littel difference so the variables are not same. they both are in equal condition. i can handle super stiff racquet fine. its just that choice i have to make and stick with it. i dont want to changemy mind later thinking i should have chosen the other one maybe that would have helped my game more. what is everyones preffered choice?

7. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    That's the torture of choice. I can't promise you that one day will come and you will say "Maybe I would be better off with the other.".
    I don't know which kind of person you are. Some people keep a racket over ages, others get bored quick and need something new.
    I would go for the VTZFII if you want to have the option to resell it and if you want to play sometimes competitive doubles. If you want to keep it and you will play only singles, I would choose the VT80.

NeverWalkAlone and Cheung like this.
  8. 1081708

1081708 Regular Member

thankyou can you tell me if you have tried which is better in attack and defence and overall maneuverability on the court?? i am pretty strong and i can handle both weights.

9. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

If you are not limited to only those 2 headheavy rackets, arc z-slash is quite powerful yet more userfriendly. I've tried VT80 3U, and personally i like the "boom" sound during the smashing. With Arc Z-Slash, it has less intimidating "boom" sound... but the smash is just as powerful as VT80. The biggest different is that VT80 3U only lasted me about 30-40 mins of smashing before my wrist tired out. Meanwhile, arc z-slash..... can just go on all 3 hours of game and still not tired out my wrist. Haven't tried VTZFii yet,.. but seems like it is just as "beastly" as VT80. If you're looking for attacking ONLY, then Voltric series is the answer. If you're looking for combination of attacking & defensive,... you might wanna consider old arc z-slash (arc11 is more for controlled player but also works just as well as your powerful wrist smashing).

10. 1081708

1081708 Regular Member

thanks but i only have the choice of zofrce 2 4u or vt 80 3u. how does these 2 racquets compare?

11. barron

barron New Member

If you can handle stiff racquets fine, then I believe zforce 2 is better than voltric 80. Zf2 is having a smaller sweet spot than vt80 and stiffer than vt80. As far as i know, vt80 is a lot more forgiving than a zf2. If you are in doubt, try reading the racquets review for both in Paul Stewart's web page:

http://badminton-coach.co.uk/5632/voltric-z-force-ii-badminton-racket-review/

In the same website, you will find voltric 80 review too. This website might answer your questions.

Good luck!

12. 1081708

1081708 Regular Member

does anybody else have reviews if they have tried both these racquets

13. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    I think that nobody has done here a side by side comparison of 2 rackets of different weight classes. That would be unfair. We only can give you OUR experiences and point of view.

Power: VT80 3U > VTZFII 4U
    Defence: VTZFII 4U > VT80 3U
    maneuverability: VTZFII 4U > VT80 3U

I would go for the VTZFII.

14. Ace_Everything

Ace_Everything Regular Member

What is the balance point of both rackets? Which higher? Is zforce2 better in defence? (Considering both weight the same)

15. kjchan

kjchan Regular Member

I've played extensively with the VT80 3U and ZFII 3U. The VT80 was able to perform well in singles and doubles. The ZFII however was too much work in doubles. For consistency's sake, get the VT80. You'll have more fun with it and be able to play singles and doubles. The ZFII, if you're not used to head heavy rackets, will feel completely foreign and the super stiff shaft will make it feel like your racket turned into a broom handle.

The frame and shaft for the ZFII is much slimmer and more aerodynamic than the VT80. The ZFII does feel a touch faster, but value play consistency when choosing a racket. Don't pick the one with the best specs and most hype. Pick the one that sounds best for your level of play.

What's the spec on your current racket? Is it headlight, even, or head heavy? If you've never had a head heavy racket, get the VT80. I went from Arc11 to ZFII and it was too large of a jump. However the VT80 gave me the power I was missing and immediately improved my game.

Sianturi likes this.
  16. Ace_Everything

Ace_Everything Regular Member

Im currently using vt80 4u and thinking of getting zforce2 4u, playing mostly doubles I wonder if its a good choice

17. FlyingDutch

FlyingDutch Regular Member

Student
    I know a lot of players that cannot handle the VTZF II, whether it's 4 or 3U. So if you don't want to challenge yourself (what is absolutely fine if you want to do!) with a VTZF II, just go for the VT 80. I used to have both Rackets (3U) and i never regretted buying my VTZF II. The VT 80 is easier, and almost every one can play solid shots with it, but if you are able to handle the VTZF II it will perfom!

BTW: You need to consider, that the smaller Head of the VTZF II is even heavier than the VT 80 ones. So the balancepoint may be close, but the feeling is way different.

Go for the VT 80 and if you start feeling a bit bored with it try the VTZF or VTZF II (that's pretty much what i did over the last few years).

18. holhm22

holhm22 Regular Member

Student
    I've played with my friend's VT80 and I prefer my VTZF2 even though it is 4U. But in the case of singles, I would recommend the VT80. It's still an excellent racket.

19. Sianturi

Sianturi Regular Member

I played with VTZF2 3U. For singles, no problem. But for doubles, especially in front of the net, I confirm that it feels like a broom

Now the question: Is switching VTZF2-3U to VT80-3U (or the other way around) in the same match difficult? I'm planning to buy VT80-3U for my backup racket in case of breaking a string

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk