Winex Easter special in eBay.CO.UK

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by other, Apr 9, 2004.

1. other

other Regular Member

Student
  2. Reynar

Reynar Regular Member

Student
    What a great deal. Too bad it's only fo the UK. Now if only someone in Canada had a similar offer, or even have the Winex Armanetics on their webste. ::cough:: WWC ::cough:: :D

3. xofrevlis

xofrevlis Regular Member

Student
    Hmm... I probably would have ordered one by now if it hadn't been for the fact that I'm expecting a Winex MM99 to come to my door any day now. :D
    I'll ask if Mark will let me have a different colour version, but knowing me, I'll probably end up ordering it even if it's only available in yellow.
    Also saw your Cab20 up for sale too, Sheldon.

4. other

other Regular Member

Student
    yeah, 2U doesn't suit me, too heavy:(
    as u can tell, sincei'm getting a 4U racquet:D

5. xofrevlis

xofrevlis Regular Member

Student
    Well I asked about the situation with the other colour Armanetics and I was told that they would only offer the yellow version. :(
    Reason being that it's the most unpopular out of the five colours so I guess it's just lying around in the office collecting dust. He did mention that he could do the same offer with the other colours on other bank holiday specials like May Day and such.
    But anyway, be sure to keep me posted as to how it plays and compares to the Armortec 700 4U and 500 3U if you can. :D Don't mean to use you as a guinea pig, but I've got no other ideas. :p
    My MM99 arrived today and I can't wait to test it out later.

6. Winex West Can

Winex West Can Regular Member

Hi Tech
    Hahahaha...that's a pretty good deal (around 50% off). Interesting to hear that the yellow version is the most unpopular one as I would have thought the apple green would have taken the prize...

As for competing with Winex UK, maybe sometime down the road but not right now but the idea of limited special sale is appealing.

7. other

other Regular Member

Student
    hehe.....if u give me a AT700 and AT500.....i'm afraid i don't have them. But will give a review in the equipment forum laters....although i am very bad with long racquets....:(
    may day........mmmm....that's quite close:)
    u think they still make money with a price like that?

8. xofrevlis

xofrevlis Regular Member

Student
    Who knows? The cost of actually making each racket is beyond me... but perhaps they're getting rid of the current stock to make way for some new shipment? :D

9. Albert

Albert Regular Member

Me too! me too!

Haha..Sheldon. I got meself one of these too! Just arrived at my office today. Packaging was good. And Mark is quite friendly in his emails. Will let you guys know how it performs compared to the MP-77 I am currently using.

10. other

other Regular Member

Student
    albert....i take it that u are in the UK? what is your MP77........3U or 4U?

11. other

other Regular Member

Student
    the yellow finish isn't too bad either...i was afraid it would look too much like a MP99...but its different, the top is silver...quite nice...will play with it on sunday

12. Albert

Albert Regular Member

Sheldon...I am in the UK. way up in Scotland. My MP-77 is a 3U. A bit too heavy for my doubles play although it is good for singles and I am generating lots of power. Wanted to try a lighter racket..and saw the Winex offer.

I agree. The Winex looks quite good in Yellow. Removed the old grip and put in a Karakal yellow grip in as well :p . It looks real cool. haha...cant wait to try it on Saturday.

13. other

other Regular Member

Student
    well.....your location info says your in Malaysia...so i was a little confused:)
    it is a great deal tho:)

14. seanrachy

seanrachy Regular Member

Technical Analyst
    Winex

I also bought the Winex 701Y (4U version) through this sale.

Found it very good - particularly drops and general racquet mobility. Clearances were good but net shots were a bit too high until I got used to it a bit more.

It provides that less stiff feel that I was after.

I would like to know how much different the 3U versions are in terms of head-heavy. Otherwise I will probably buy another another one in due course rather than another Yonex model.

Sean

15. Albert

Albert Regular Member

Sheldon.. sorry I just didnt bother to change the location. :p

Sean...I am using a 3U Yonex and it generally felt heavier. Although I havent really played with the Winex so I cant really comment but just by examining the racket tells me that it is really less stiff and slightly more fragile compared with my Yonex. In fact, it felt pretty much like my old Carlton Airblade 1000. Although I really loved the Carlton, it is really too fragile for me to keep buying it each time the frame breaks (which is quite often).

hope this helps

16. xofrevlis

xofrevlis Regular Member

Student
    Well, got a chance to test out the MM99 and to be honest, I didn't get very far with it. I don't know if it was the titanium coating or the strings in general but I felt it gave me very little feel, control or power. I used it for two games and gave up, going back to my Yonex MP77 which I was trying to preserve for that bit longer as it looked like it was going to break in four places of the sweetspot area.
    Oh well... we'll see how it goes when I get strung to my usual BG65 at 23lbs. :D

17. Albert

Albert Regular Member

Winex Armonectic 701

Hello guys...finally had a go with this racket. well...i am not that good with giving reviews..and this is my first...so bear with me if i botched it up!

Overally, it is a much easier racket to use than my MP-77. Partly because it is much lighter being a 4U one. Playing doubles is much easier now although I noticed that I dont get as much power from smashes as before, but i guess it is to be expected. It is also less stiff than MP-77, and i didnt really liked the string that came with it. Perhaps i will have it restringed...that might make it more responsive.

but bottom of the line...this is quite a good racket. worth i think the price that i bought it for. I would recommend it to anyone who wants/used to 4U rackets and are looking for something economical! supposed to be modelled after Yonex Armontec 700, but i havent tried that..so i shall leave the comparison for a later date.