stringning pattern AT800

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by twobeer, Apr 9, 2004.

1. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Hi guys!

Got two new AT800DP (both OF and DF)

The problem I have is that I don't have a stringning pattern for AT800 with it new grommets..

Anyone have info on the stringning pattern or email to a friendly Yonex rep that could help out.. (my yonex reps over here are on Easter vacation until mid next week :-( and my fingers are itching to try the 800's out.

Would like to string them today or tommorrow.. And I wouldnt like to evaluate them incorrectly strung :-(

cheers,
    Twobeer

2. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Where did u get the racket? They should have provided you with the stringing method manual.

3. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    Is it customary for shops to provide stringing manual with each racquets they sell? I haven't asked so I don't know, but then again not every player is a stringer:(.

4. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    I have never seen a shop that provides stringing manual, unless Yonex came up with some with AT800.

5. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    I have never gotten any stringing patterns from the shops (they usually want to sell you the stringning job btw). Also, here in Northern Europe most stores mostly sells prestrung raquets, so in most cases you can easilly see the correct stringingpattern by just looking at the factory stringing used.

Only babolat to my knowledge have been decent enough to publish the stringing patterns on their website...

cheers,
    Twobeer

6. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    it shouldnt be hard, anybody who strung racket b4 can figurre it out. It's only 1 extra hole each side

7. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    I've had bad experience with stringers not using correct stringning patterns on many occasions, so I guess it's not THAT easy.. If it's easy and you know the correct stringing pattern please share it...

The only YY stringing patterns I've seen on the net is on..

http://www.klippermate.com/stringing/viewpattern.php?mfg=BYON

Cheers,
    Twobeer

8. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    Use the standard Yonex stringing pattern. At the 10-11 o'clock and 1-2o'clock locations, instead of sharing one grommet, the main and cross go into the separate grommets provided. I am sure you can figure out which grommet fits which string, as inserting it the wrong way will be obvious.
    Do you have the Yonex stringing pattern? If not, I can provide, if someone can show me how to transfer it from my email inbox to this thread.

9. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    i dont follow anybody's pattern
    i havent strung AT800 before but i'm sure i know what to do when i come across it. I dont know if yonex has any special instruction for this. It is just a minor change. As noted in other thread, prince and babalot have extra grommets years and years ago. Any seasoned stringer should know what to do by now.

10. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

The Klipermat pattern for Yonex racquet is wrong. Yonex's stringing pattern says the main strings are tied off grommet 8 and the cross starting tie-off is at grommet 6 at the top, and the end tie-off is at the bottom 7th grommet.

11. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Thanks for the info Taneepak,
    I do not string myself, But as I string at many places it feels good to have the know for myself what is correct.

Looking at the grommets on AT800 though suggest that bottom grommet 7 isn't intended for tie (just one string fits this grommet hole). two-string grommets are B6,B8,B9,B10,B12 an T5,T13 and T15..

If you have the std stringing pattern it may be useful for me to figure this out.. You said you have it in your inbox? is it a picture, document? pdf? or what format?

cheers,
    Twoobeer

12. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

I don't have a sample of the AT800, so I cannot comment. My understanding was that the AT800 would replace the big grommet holes at the 10 o'clock and 2 o'clock part of the frame only, as these are the places where they break most often in clashes, with smaller 1-string holes. But this is not the case, as you have indicated. In that case I suggest you contact Yonex directly.
    The Yonex stringing pattern I have is an email reply from Yonex in Japan with an attachment (stringing pattern) in response to my enquiry on stringing pattern for my MP99, MP100, Iso Tour 800, AT700, and it comes in pdf. Several forum members have asked me to send it to them, and I have obliged, but it is done as a forwarding email each time. It would be better for me to send it here instead of via email.
    Meantime, I will contact Yonex on their recommended stringing pattern for the AT800. But this could be premature, as the AT800 has not been officially released by Sunrise, who are Yonex's sole distributor in this part of the world.

13. nutty

nutty Regular Member

Government Officer
    taneepak,

Do you have any idea whether that stringing pattern also works for Carbonex rackets? Also, do any other rackets have specific string patterns that should be used?

14. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

From Yonex's email re stringing pattern, it appears they have only one standard pattern, because their response to my earlier enquiry was that their stringing pattern is also the same one for my MP99,100, etc.
    How do I transfer a pdf document from my email inbox to this forum thread?

15. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    If you want to copy text from a PDF you can usually cut and paste in acrobat reader using the text-marker.. If you have a Full Acrobat version or extra plugins you can also save pictures etc.

If you mail it to me I can place it on one of my webservers and post a link into this thread..

cheers,
    Twobeer

P.S. Guess I'll have to wait until next week when easter holliday is over so I can get a hold of my Yonex rep. to get the final answer on the AT800 stringing pattern ;-( D.S.

16. ants

ants Regular Member

I've asked some of the stringers at the Japan Open.. they will email it to me the manual.

17. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Cool... (I envy you beeing at Yonex Open ;-P would have liked to watch bao vs. Lin)

If you receive it please let me know..

cheers,
    Twobeer

18. ants

ants Regular Member

i didnt go there.. i just manage to contact some of my frens from Yonex Japan.

19. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Ok.. guess we both can envy them then :)

Cheers,
    Twobeer

20. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Twobeer, I have emailed you the stringing pattern. Appreciate your help in transferring it here when ready.