Zheng Si Wei ( 郑思维 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by volcom, Nov 25, 2014.

1. volcom

volcom Regular Member

What an amazing found he has been for China's XD....

Amazingly he used to play a bit of singles... like this match back in the day when he was about 17 vsing Son Wan Ho, impressive...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1urABiFfQE

2. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Zeng Siwei born 2/26/1997, now 17 years old, has apparently switched to playing doubles, mixed and men's. Who knows, we might see him playing singles again in future; his net play is not bad, able to match Son WH's, the much more experienced, world class player.

In that 2013 CHN Masters SS, he, 16 years old at the time, was able to take a set off SWH, no mean feat. Too bad, the video only shows the 3rd set from, 7-5 onward.

3. alien9113

alien9113 Regular Member

His surname is 郑, so the romanization of his surname should be Zheng instead of Zeng. Zeng will be a totally different surname for a Chinese.

Unless it's romanized that way.

I like his doubles play. Very quick and agile and his reading of opponents' shots are good.

4. antssantss

antssantss Regular Member

Retired
    Zheng Siwei has been in the top three singles players in the U17 group together with Shi Yuqi and Lin Guipu. I feel he has a the right physique for singles and can be v good because he has a very strong smash as well as the other strokes. He won the asian junior doubles championships with H Kaisiang this year. Would like to see him in singles as he has potential. The problem is that he has shown success in the doubles and there are many other MS players coming through. so his path for the future may be set as there is a need for doubles. Sad

#4 antssantss, Nov 30, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2014
  5. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

You're right about ZSW's romanized name, BWF also spelt it as Zheng, not Zeng. May the moderator make the correction.

Indeed, Zheng Siwei and , if I may say so, Huang Kaixiang, both still only 17 years old, are exciting doubles prospects for Team CHN. In fact, HKX was once talent spotted by Li Yongbo himself.

6. 100minus

100minus Regular Member

This guy is so impressive for a short guy. I only look forward to this guy's games at this malaysia masters.

7. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Indeed, Zheng Siwei has proven himself a rare gem in doubles. In XD, whether he partners Li Yinhui or Chen Qingchen - btw,all three of them are only 18 years old - they are giant killers , having already taken out the likes of Tantowi Ahmad/Liliyana Natsir and Ko Sung Hyun/Kim Ha Na.

Even in MD,Zheng Siwei with another youngster, Huang Kaixiang, are showing huge promise.

8. antssantss

antssantss Regular Member

Retired
    ZSW is a very exciting player to watch. His XD results are much better than his MD. I am afraid he should try a new partner for MD who can support him better.

9. touya

touya Regular Member

Looking at his recent result, I prefer Chen Qingchen as his regular partner, instead of Li Yinhui.

I am excited they will be reunited in China Master. Yay! Hopefully CQC won't pull out after participate in such a long tour of IND, MAL, and SIN.

10. touya

touya Regular Member

I found myself always rooting for him against any player, except from INA (sorry Siwei, but my country comes first).

I like his thunderous smash and his agile movement. Will looking forward to his match in the future,

11. wing-omega5-0

wing-omega5-0 Regular Member

Student(uni)
    This guy's going to be a monster one day. So flexible, so agile. He's like a human rubber band.

12. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Zheng Siwei is swift, strong, anticipates very well, possesses good court sense (knows when to do what and adjusts himself accordingly as the situation changes). The scary part is he's only 19 years old and can only get better and better going forward.

I understand he's also doing double duty in XD and MD , not sure if that's such a good idea if he wants to excel, be the best of the best, in either discipline.

At the just-concluded Japan Open SS'16, his MD partnership with Liu Cheng looked promising as they are the only pair to push their fellow teammates, Li Jinhui/Liu Yuchen, the eventual tournament winner, hard to a close three-setter, 16-21,21-13 and 21-23.

#12 Justin L, Sep 25, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2016
  13. visor

visor Regular Member

@j4ckie
    Thought I'd move Zheng's discussion to his thread.

I thought he was incredibly fast and explosive, had incredible vision with shot placement, great defending and attacking abilities. Everything he did was at almost twice the speed of his opponents. And only age 19?! Amazing.

Compared to ZN, at least ZSW can smash hard...

The way he and his XD partner dominated and decimated Ko/Kim in the final, are you sure we watched the same match?

14. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I'm not saying one thing or another about him, I was replying to volcom who claimed that he's most definitely gonna surpass ZN. That is a big thing to achieve. I have no opinion of ZSW, not having seen any JO footage (thanks, bwf) I literally can't have one at this point :D

15. visor

visor Regular Member

Aiya... then you have to use regional blocking software to watch...

16. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I too wants to be guarded in my assessment of Zheng Siwei's performance as to whether he can surpass Zhang Nan's. At the moment, not yet, far from it as far as achievements are concerned but there's no denying his huge potential.

No doubt, anybody watching the Zheng Siwei/Chen Qingchen's matchup with WR1 Ko Sung Hyun/Kim Ha Na can't helped but be carried away, the 19-year-old youngsters are in devastating form to trounce the experienced top-notch KOR pair.

But, to use Tian Houwei's mother's prudent words,'One match doesn't prove anything, strive on with diligence.' So, to put things in perspective, let's hold our horses for now and follow their progress into the future. I'm pretty sure the scintillating up-and-coming, young CHN XD pair has just arrived conquering their first Superseries XD title as a harbinger of greater things to come.

17. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Best XD player for China.

Was ahead of ZN even before RIO, now he can finally shine in mixed.

his progress was blocked by the way overthehill paring of XC and MJ + no potential pairing of Liu Cheng and Bao Yixinf or too long.

18. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

One day he will surpass Chris Adcock for sure. But will he surpass Joachim Fischer Nielsen in the next year 10 years? only future knows.

19. zhuangcorp

zhuangcorp Regular Member

What is it that makes Chen Qingchen so good?

I find her movement to be somewhat heavy and awkward. Her smash isnt that powerful. She doesn't look that graceful on court.

And despite all that, her results in both WD and XD show her to be an extraordinary player. I can't quite pinpoint what makes her so effective. Maybe somebody with a more insightful eye can explain?

20. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Probably reads the game very well (in the right place at the right time despite her not-so-graceful movement) and good shot selection and placement (doesnt get countered much). Those two are the biggest factors that make a good player and aren't directly visible (unlike graceful movement or a hard smash or sth).

buibui2 likes this.