Bad stringing job?

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Jordanismee, Nov 27, 2014.

1. Jordanismee

Jordanismee Regular Member

Student
    Guys previously I had my racquet strung at 25 lbs with bg 66 and it really feels solid and the sound is so nice,recently I had my racquet strung with bg66 ultimax at 26 lbs with different stringer. He's using lining stringing machine I think it's a electronic.but the thing is the current string is so soft and the sound is so dull and the string at the top is so flexible, it can move easily.is this a bad string job?should I go and complain? The strings doesn't sounds like it's at 26

2. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Option 1: His machine is not accurate and calibrated.
    Option 2: He strung below your request. Because of warranty, he thought you can't handle it or he was afraid to string your Arcsaber Fast Break at that tension. :p
    Option 3: From the first stringer you maybe got 25lbs x 27lbs with pre strech and fixed clamps, from second stringer 24lbs x 26lbs without prestretch and flying clamps. So the second job can feel less tight than your first one.
    Option 4: He didn't pulled the finishing knot for the cross properly which can explain that the top string can move easily.

IMO it's the risk that if you go the first time to a different stringer that something is different. If you was happy with the first stringer use his service. You can try to complain the job but it could be possible that you will get the same crappy job.

3. Jordanismee

Student
    Haha thanks for your reply.how he would know about the warranty thing when my grip is covering it and my maximum tension on the racquet is 27lbs lol screw this stringer I should ask him for another pack of string and I will string it at other place.at least an explanation. The top strings is really lose

4. |_Footwork_|

|_Footwork_| Regular Member

How about just going to the stringer and ask him? Be fair with each other, maybe everything will clear up when you talk to him...

5. Jordanismee

Student
    Yeah I sincerely hope so that he will give me a good explanation. Because I live in Malaysia and I'm afraid that he won't do anything and scold me instead

6. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    I think the best thing is to ask him, why? About the maximum tension: Every stringer who strung over the hundreds of different rackets knows the maximum tension of most models.
    I wouldn't ask for a set and go to another stringer. If you try to complain you should give him the chance to satisfy you. That would be fair.

7. Jordanismee

Student
    Woah I doubt he knows.He's one young guy and the shop is opened for only two years.I Bet he will ask me to buy another pack of string.anyway will update if I can go to his shop again

8. Jordanismee

Student
    Update: we debated a little bit and he said that my racquet is fake and willing to get my racquet strung at 26 but he's not responsible if the racquet breaks.so I agreed and I'm not afraid because I know mine is original.we kinda chatted during the stringing process.I got to know his name his wechat.He's actually have string racquet for 7 hears so he had my racquet strung really nice although there's 4 knots because he used back the same string but nevermind.pretty satisfied although there's a little bit of argument at first.will visit him again next time

9. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    He used the same string? Does it mean he cut the string near the knots, removed the string and used a part of it to complain and strung the removed string? That's possible but I wouldn't do it because IMO it's a suspect procedure.

10. Jordanismee

Student
    Yes I guess,now there's 4 knots.nevermind,now I get to know him and he invited me to a session of his coaching.he said that the Top four strings cannot be too tight or else it will break but now it's tighter than last time but still not as tight as the mid section.

11. Jordanismee

Student
    Oh he strung back bg 66 ultimax at 26lbs 5% pre stretch as I requested.is that okay? Will pre stretch spoil the whole thing?