Shoe Sole Grip Enhancer

Discussion in 'Grip' started by ezish, Dec 2, 2014.

1. ezish

ezish Regular Member

2. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    No but looks interesting. Probably not available in the UK, so would be interested to read some reviews.

Our courts here do get quite dusty at times, so I'm wondering if this will help?

3. waterboy

waterboy Regular Member

Are you referring to the mission court grip product for your shoes? The link isn't working for me. If you are I would advice against it. One of the main ingredients is acetone. Once you put it on, the sole starts deteriorating. You can find reviews on the on YouTube.

4. ezish

ezish Regular Member

Try this one...

There are bunch of review on YouTube... search for "Mission Court Grip". Seems to good to be true. I will get my shipment sometime next week. Will see. The place I play badminton has dusty courts. I have been using the wet towel beside the court but it's a big hassle. Also, If I use a new shoe then I have better traction. But I don't want to throw my shoe after few months of using it when it loses that super grip later on the sole. Hopefully, this product will help increase the lifetime of my shoe sole.

#4 ezish, Dec 5, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2014
  5. jak nam

jak nam Regular Member

here is one of the reviews waterboy mentioned. to summarize, user beware.

6. ezish

ezish Regular Member

I got it today. It feels very similar to Yonex product. Will try tonight. I have a feeling if the floor is very dusty it won't work very well. But will see...

7. visor

visor Regular Member

Iirc someone posted in the past that hairspray works just as well...

8. waterboy

waterboy Regular Member

I'm pretty sure the main ingredient is acetone. If you look at the review done by night wing on YouTube, it pretty much destroys your soles. Once you use it, there's no going back. So if I were you, I'd use it on old shoes if even at all

9. ezish

ezish Regular Member

yeah. good point. I did use it on an old shoe. You know when the Yonex shoe gets older, it loses its grip. I have a brand new shoe which I only use it during tournaments and I still get excellent grip on the dusty court. The issue is, I don't want to throw my old shoe away just because it lost it's grip.

It did help. But on a dusty court (the one I played yesterday), you need to re-apply in between every game. May be sometimes at 11 points too. If the courts are clean I think it will work a lot better. The good thing is i can easily carry it in my bag. Before I had to take a old towel and an water bottle and then there is hassle to wash the towel after. I will keep using it. The issue is, it is a bit pricey. This is definitely better than the Yonex one. This stuff dries really quick and I don't have to wait after I apply it. I can quickly get back on the court.

10. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    [MENTION=12152]ezish[/MENTION]

What shoe do you use?

Just wondering if different models of shoes, have different propensity for less traction. Are Yonex shoes noted for developing less traction over time?

11. larryqu

larryqu New Member

12. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Does it damage the flooring?

13. visor

visor Regular Member

Most of athletic grip powder and spray is made from pine tree resin for tack and various amounts of magnesium carbonate for sweat absorbtion, and is the same as Yonex grip powder... so shouldn't damage mat or wooden gym floors.

#13 visor, Dec 7, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2014
  14. ezish

ezish Regular Member

Wow! you totally missed the point. We are discussing Shoe Sole Grip here. Yonex has a product (http://www.muqueemsports.com/yonex-grip-powder-spray.html) which helps to improve shoe grip. I don't know if it damage flooring, but using it for couple of times I don't think it does. The floor I am playing on has dusts. If the floor was super clean may be then I didn't need this product.

I have experienced with multiple Yonex shoes that over time it loses it's initial gripness. This time I am using SHB-SC5WM (This is a wide model bought from Japan, Shuttle-house)