Z slash -> zspeed

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Charles Hetu, Dec 11, 2014.

1. Charles Hetu

Charles Hetu Regular Member

Education
    I currently use a 3U Z SLASH (Taufik Hidayat) as a main racket. It really packs a punch, but im just looking to find a new toy to play with that could potentially be my new main.

Anyone made the move from ZSLASH to Nanoray Zspeed? I predominately play singles. Just want a glass cannon with good defense

It seems that alot of people think Nanoray Zspeed is a "weird" racket. Could it be because they think nanorays are head light but its actually head heavy?

Is the transition from Zslash -> Zspeed difficult?

2. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

I've used both rackets and I liked the Z-Slash more. Sure, the Z-Slash has that timing issue - but once you're used to it, it's actually a nice racket. But I absolutely hate the Z-Speed! The racket could've been so good: It has a very good attack and is awesome in defense, given it's relatively head-heavy balance, but there is absolutely no feedback (feeling) with this racket (even at high tensions). To decide, if it's a racket for you, there's only one way - you have to try it. Maybe you'll like the "special" feel of this racket.

3. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    in my experience, the zslash and the zspeed have really similar flexibility, in that they are both pretty flexible to me. they both also distracts me a little because of their colors. other than that, i just see them as part of my flexible rackets that i own...both 3u even balance.

4. Charles Hetu

Education
    So you think there is minimal difference? I can just go ahead and buy it as a new toy?

5. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

Can z-slash withstand +28Lbs tension? I heard this racket is quite fragile.

6. Charles Hetu

Education
    yes and quite easily.

I tried z speed today and doesnt feel as special as z-slash. Not sure why though but maybe i just need to play with it more.