Which racket to choose?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by ahmadrafi, Dec 20, 2014.

1. ahmadrafi

ahmadrafi New Member

Student
    I'm willing to buy a new Badminton racket for me...Here in Bangladesh we don't have any good badminton store so i decided to buy it from Sunriseclick.com...my budget is around 40$ and within this range i chose these Yonex rackets as options.

1) Nanoray 60 White/Ocean Blue ($40.90)
    2) Arcsaber 002 ($39.90)
    3) Arcsaber 001 ($35.90)
    4) Arcsaber 001 Pro ($26.90)
    5) Voltric 2 ($39.90)
    6) Voltric 3 ($54.90)

I know all of these rackets have their own points of strength and i'm looking for the one which will be overall good from all of the points and will be all-round racket

In Bangladesh it's hard to buy a good racket, so durability is one of my priority as well...it will be helpful if you help me choosing the right racket among these.

Thanks in advance

2. ahmadrafi

ahmadrafi New Member

Student
    btw let me know if i should consider Nanoray 20 ($54.90) as well instead of these

3. Charlie-SWUK

Charlie-SWUK Regular Member

N90 sycophant
    Do you know what type of racket you're looking for?

The Nanoray line tend to be head light and very quick.
    The Arcsabers tend to be quite even, good all round rackets.
    The Voltrics tend to be a bit head heavier and more powerful.

It really depends on your level of play too. If you're a beginner, I'd probably say the Arcsaber 002.

All of the ones you've listed are fairly flexible, so you should be able to generate a reasonable amount of power on them even if you can't get good strings where you are.

4. ahmadrafi

ahmadrafi New Member

Student
    [MENTION=120700]Charlie-SWUK[/MENTION] I'm looking for a racket more suitable for playing in doubles, but also can be managed in singles as well. With which i can equally play good on nets and again can smash as well. About level a racket which will help me playing in intermediate level as well. Moreover I'm looking for a racket considering all-round play more and i believe the models I;m looking towards more are the NR60, NR20 and Arcsaber 002

5. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    With your budget you choose the wrong brand. You should know that you will get not the most from Yonex or other big brands. There is nothing wrong with your selection, but you would be better off with a smaller brand. Maybe you can take a look at the buy/sell section of this forum. It's possible that you get a more decent racket for your value of money.

6. Charlie-SWUK

Charlie-SWUK Regular Member

N90 sycophant
    Carlton or Wilson maybe if they deal out there, they do some decent stuff. I don't know enough about them to talk about particular models though.

7. ahmadrafi

ahmadrafi New Member

Student
    @ ucantseeme @ Charlie-SWUK actually i wanted to buy a Carlton Ignite Fusion.Rapid, or a Wilson racket. But in my region i couldn't find any decent dealers of any of these two. If i buy one from UK or USA the shipment cost will be more than the racket. So had to select Yonex from Sunrise.