Shuttlecocks in India

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by sh_shashi1, Dec 21, 2014.

1. sh_shashi1

sh_shashi1 Regular Member

Student
    A guide for shuttlecocks in India .

We in India are always jealous of other BCers who discuss about Chao Pai, Aeroplane , RCL , RSL , etc while we had to limit ourselves with Yonex which are insanely priced .
    But things are improving i tried all the shuttles available in India so decided to list the pros and cons of various ones along with the price and the place to get them .

Yonex
    AS50,AS40,AS30 are costly and if you can afford dont bother seeing price .

AS20,AS10 are not so expensive price wise and can be brought at 1400 to 1800 in sadar bajar delhi or online at 1600 to 2000. ( If you prefer full cork base )

AS2 - Never get these at what so ever price.

RSL

These are best price wise available in India with decent quality.
    RSL No. 1 - Can be around 1700 at snap deal. Good
    RSL No. 2,3 - Costly an similar to No.4 . Dont buy at any cost more than no.4
    RSL No.4 - Most economical and can be purchased below 1200. With humid condition in India , it will last 2 games with acceptable flight and wobble.
    RSL No.5,6 - Not worth wrt to price .

Li Ning

All are cheaper than RSL but not as good as RSL but can be tried. Dont expect magic .

Victor-

Victor gold champion - Best bet in expensive range with price around 1600. Similar to AS40. No other Victors available in India are good price wise or otherwise .

ASHAWAY , ARTENGO are all crap .

My pick

AS10, RSL No.1 , RSL No.4 , Victor Gold Champion , Li Ning Gra Prix

You can comment , compare and discuss and ask questions as I have tried all shuttles , strings available in India along with the places to but them.

2. vinay_s

vinay_s Regular Member

self employed
    thanks for the info. In Mumbai, AS2 is the most popular / most sold. I really dont know why. Think these tubes are imported in bulk quantities and are sold off at very low margins. 1200rs. (17$) is the best local retail here. I can see AS10 listed online for 1400rs. (21$) right now. I asked around as to why not pay slightly more and get as10 and people say its not always available and price fluctuates (to as high as 1800rs) in shortage.

btw I would like to know your thoughts on local brand 'skylark' for training. A trainer who I practise with recommended that I get them (600rs approx) for drills and such.

(ps: I personally get the li ning as62+ for club games at local retail shop for 1200rs for 15 shuttle tube. Speed varies from shuttle to shuttle sometimes in a single tube! but I feel its more value for money as durability is same /better than yonex as2)

3. sh_shashi1

Student
    AS2 is a 500rs shuttle in international market . Your fellow city men [MENTION=121762]BadSID[/MENTION] would testify as he has been introduced to the shuttle paradise , i.e import from HK, China etc . If you want to buy from India only then RSL is best bet for cheaper and Yonex for AS10 above . If you want to go for Indian brand then dont do because a 600 rs shuttle wont even be half durable . Better buy RSL No 6 ( 700-800 rs shuttle ) . keep in mind tha whatever shuttle you buy in India is worth half the price quality of what other shuttlers pay around the world .

4. sh_shashi1

Student
    I laugh when people say AS2 at 1200 is at low margin . You will soon realize why as you ave landed on BC. :)

5. vinay_s

vinay_s Regular Member

self employed
    Yeah thats what I felt. Today an as2 just broke after 5 shots. Ofcourse 1200rs is the retail local shop price. I sure people get it for 1000 from distributors etc.
    I am going to buy a couple of tubes. Will try out rsl6 for training.
    what in your opinion should I be paying for rsl4 and as10 in Mumbai?

6. sh_shashi1

Student
    AAS10 for playing doubles RSL 4 singles.

7. vinay_s

vinay_s Regular Member

self employed
    lol. think you misunderstood the q. (was asking for fair retail price). anyway thanks. will go to the downtown market and check things out in the next couple of days.

8. sh_shashi1

Student
    RSL should be 1100 and AS10 1300 . AS10 online at liveyoursport.com for 1300 and RSL 3 better than 4 online at 1200 odd at sports365.

9. vinay_s

vinay_s Regular Member

self employed
    update: got as10 at 1250 downtown market (dhobi talao area). played w it today. really pleased w it. thanks for the review/info.
    shop owner tried to hard sell me ashway black for 1100. didnt go for it based on your op. have you tried it?
    also got aeroclub tr for 850 and skylark super for 700 for drill n fun games etc. haven't tried em yet.

10. sh_shashi1

Student
    Ashaway black is a good shuttle and is very nice . Some times these companies sell different batch in india because they sell on the name of model to unsuspecting indian buyers . Just check the import date and take out one shuttle and examine its solidness . Is a steal BTW at 1100 if it is indeed the one Ashaway Black is famous for . Mine comment on ashaway was for general cheap grade . I didnot know Black was available .