NR 600, a good doubles and singles racket for $135 CAD?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by funkdrummer, Dec 22, 2014.

1. funkdrummer

funkdrummer Regular Member

Student
    Good evening Badminton Central,

I found a deal at my local store for $135. Would this racket be good for an offensive/deceptive player who favors slightly head heavy stiff rackets. I would like to know how well the racket plays when it comes to smash's, how it responds to soft touches and how much racket speed and aerodynamic it is compared to say a JJS.

Thanks in advance,
    funkdrummer

2. Espírito Santo

Espírito Santo Regular Member

Terrorist
    I have a NR600 in my bag, this is a head light and extra flexible racket, very fast and effortless shots suitable for double players especially when it comes to fast drives, fast counter attacks, back to back court clears, drop shots, quick defending and net shots.

The smash is not sharp and powerful as the stiff and heavy head rackets, hence I have to put on lead tape (around 3 to 4 grams) to make the head heavier and it definitely improved the power and sharpness in smash.

3. funkdrummer

Student
    Was it overly flexible once you added the lead tape? Or was the flex roughly the same?

4. Espírito Santo

Espírito Santo Regular Member

Terrorist
    The flexible feel is roughly the same, 3 to 4 grams of lead tapes will only make the head slightly heavier, no impact to shaft (maybe a 4U nr600 will become 3U after adding 3 to 4 grams of lead tape) and you will add more oomph to your smashes, you will notice the different.

Important note, lead tape must stick to 2 o'clock and 10 o'clock position

5. funkdrummer

Student
    Thanks for the help! I needed a designated main doubles racket :p