Help required - To identify authenticity of N90ii

Discussion in 'Identify Fake Racket (Price/Source/Serial/Photos a' started by wqlam56, Dec 24, 2014.

Tags:
  1. wqlam56

wqlam56 Regular Member

Samsung - Tax
    Dear all,

Need you guys to help me on checking the authenticity of a Li Ning N90ii which i purchased (used) from a fellow BC. We are currently in dispute on the authenticity of the deal which was concluded last night. Money (SGD150) has been paid but well well. I just hope to get second opinion from you guys while I will try to send these photos to Li Ning China for verification (if they will ever reply to me).

The racket has passed the authenticity code which could be flawed. But physically, I felt that this racket is more of a fake one than an authentic based on my findings from BC and checks with a real Li Ning racket.

Thanks in advance. *drums*
    2014-12-24 19.12.33.jpg 2014-12-24 19.12.17.jpg 2014-12-24 19.09.30.jpg 2014-12-24 19.08.14.jpg 2014-12-24 19.08.05.jpg 2014-12-24 19.07.57.jpg 2014-12-24 19.07.31.jpg 2014-12-24 19.07.13.jpg 2014-12-24 19.06.56.jpg 2014-12-24 19.06.48.jpg

2. giggle

giggle Regular Member

looks fake, can't confirm, need more pics of the larger grommets, but most likely fake

3. wqlam56

wqlam56 Regular Member

Samsung - Tax
    Hi giggle, thanks for replying. Larger fingers are referring to which part of the frame? I can take more pictures.

4. wqlam56

wqlam56 Regular Member

Samsung - Tax
    Fingers = grommets
    I'm expecting some label and date production on the wooden grip but can't find it anywhere.

5. wqlam56

wqlam56 Regular Member

Samsung - Tax
  6. giggle

giggle Regular Member

ok i'm 99% sure its not genuine. the colour and length of the grommets appear off. only way to be sure is to compare it side by side with an original one

7. wqlam56

wqlam56 Regular Member

Samsung - Tax
    Thanks giggle. That's very sad for me. My first experience with li ning. Learnt my lessons. Will get from authorised dealer in future.

8. alana07

alana07 Regular Member

there shouldn't be any serial numbers near the t-joint area.

9. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Real li ning racket, has hologram tack, can't see yours.

10. wqlam56

wqlam56 Regular Member

Samsung - Tax
    Thanks guys. Have a great Christmas today. :) I'm thinking that this racket is highly likely to be fake too.

11. leejunlong999

leejunlong999 Regular Member

student
  12. wqlam56

wqlam56 Regular Member

Samsung - Tax
    Comparison between real and fake

Hi leejunlong,
    I purchased from a fellow BC member. quoted used and authentic. But he could be unaware of it too. still in the process of getting a refund from him.

For the benefits of fellow BC members, I have taken pictures of an authentic n90ii so you guys can refer to it. I didn't purchase it but instead have gotten a N50iii instead. However, the shop owner is still cool enough for me to take the pictures.

Before providing the pictures, the actual way to identify it is to compare the real and fake rackets. I had zero experience with li ning racket before and was ignorant about the availability of fake li ning rackets. Learnt a good lesson. For the fake one that I purchased, although it has passed the validation code, it is very different from the real one. Sadly, i was unable to distinguish it. Wasted plenty of time and other resources.

Feel the real thing, it felt really solid as compared to the fake one. The overall weight of the real one seems to be heavier too. Or maybe denser is a better word.

1) This is the only laser-engraved serial number on the shaft. There should not be any other serial code on the shaft. The MP Lining black labei is almost impossible to peel off. I cant exactly feel the edge of it. It doesnt feel like a sticker at all.
    IMG_0524.jpg IMG_0528.jpg

2) Lining grommets are really high quality. Even better when compared to my Yonex rackets. Tight and stable. Fitting is just nice (using my strung n50iii as reference). The grommets are red, instead of yellow - see my previous posts. The hole on the hexagon should be in it nicely and does not cut into the outline of the hexagon. I have compared two authentic n90ii and both holes do not touch the outline of the hexagon.
    IMG_0525.jpg IMG_0526.jpg IMG_0527.jpg

3) More grommets from outside of the frame. If you have seen the fake one before, you can totally tell the difference between a lousy grommet and a good one.
    IMG_0533.jpg IMG_0529.jpg IMG_0531.jpg IMG_0532.jpg

4) Final picture of 12'o clock grommets. Transparent grommets instead of red ones.
    IMG_0530.jpg

5) Lastly, the butt cap. Logo is rose gold instead of silver.
    IMG_0534.jpg

As stated previously, the easiest way to differentiate, between the real and fake, is to compare side by side. I hope the pictures that I have shared will help you guys in the future.

Brgds,
    Wei Chuan