Shuttlecocks?

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by Magpie, Apr 13, 2004.

1. Magpie

Magpie Regular Member

I play for a university squad made up of county and England players. For the past season we've been playing with New Magnum shuttles at speed 78. These seem to be ok, but for next season I was wondering whether it would be worth changing to Yonex shuttles. Can anyone give me any advice on which Yonex shuttles are best for the standard of play or if the shuttles we currently use are good enough?

2. Dill

Dill Regular Member

Lazy git (my coach can verify this)
    None, stick with the ones you use if you are happy with them.

Yonex shuttles are an aquired taste and I feel that the AS20's have durability issues, but are the most reasonably priced. most clubs seem to use the AS20's, 30's are not much different but are a couple of pounds more expensive and 40's are much better but again there is a price hike.

Central sports were doing an offer of keeping the price fixed and reasonably so if you are a club and open an account with them.

You would need to ask for a catalogue and they will send you the leaflet with the prices.

For the level you are at I wouldn't go less than the 30's and would be prone to go for the 40's, most big tournaments use the 50's.

www.centralsports.co.uk

3. Magpie

Magpie Regular Member

Cheers mate. Thanks for the info.

4. seanrachy

seanrachy Regular Member

Technical Analyst
    New-Magnum Shuttles

Out of interest where do you get these shuttles from ....

Sean

5. Dill

Dill Regular Member

You could also try the Yehlex tournament, purple top on tube. Should be about £8.00 - 9.00 per doz, with a haggle you should get cheaper.

I find them quite durable, but then again I am at a lower standard than your club so discounting mis-hits etc they should last quite well.

6. Magpie

Magpie Regular Member

We get our shuttles from Yehlex (UK) Limited. Off the top of my head I think they cost about £8.50 per doz. I would recommend them as they are very durable.

7. woop.

woop. Regular Member

I got that leaflet from centralsports with a recent order. I did notice the small print stated that the offer only stands as long as the manufacturer doesn't raise the price. In other words central sports won't change the price, but if Yonex up things central sports will have to follow that through to maintain their profit margin.

I recently ordered a tube of Yehlex to test and I have to say I also found these very good shuttles. Durability was good.

8. Dill

Dill Regular Member

Which Yehlex, there are the Tournament (purple top) and Championship (red top)

The tournament ones are cheaper but I find more durable, the championship are about £2 more and I find although I tested 78's they all flew faster than the tournaments.

Best value is definately the cheaper tournament.

9. other

other Regular Member

Student
    county and england players....sounds like loughbourough or somewhere
    :D