Why do high end Yonex rackets string stencil wear away so fast! Ridiculous.

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by InvincibleAjay, Jan 7, 2015.

1. InvincibleAjay

InvincibleAjay Regular Member

Badminton Coach
    They don't make things to last like they used to. I've noticed since latter part of 2013, any high end Yonex Racket, like the Nanoray Z-Speed, 750, 800, 900... Voltric ZF2, 80, Arcsabler 11 etc, the factory default string stencil ink wear away after one game of playing to almost nothing!!

I also have many low end Yonex rackets like the Arcsaber D11, D33 and Voltric Zeus but these have better quality thicker stencil ink that last better.

I thought it should be the other way round, why do Yonex cut corners and use inferior stencil ink on high end rackets? This quite annoying.

Kindest regards,

-Ajay-

Quote of the Day
    There is nothing permanent but change.

2. latecomer

latecomer Regular Member

selfemploy
    Do you own all those rackets? All the above mentioned rackets do not come with factory strings in a lot of places.

#2 latecomer, Jan 7, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2015
  3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Some countries have strung high end yonex rackets. However most people who buy high end rackets prefer to have them custom strung anyway so the practice always seems strange to me.

Also, most people i know prefer not to have any stencil at all. Preferring the stencil to be thicker and interfere with the string's movement must be a first!

4. InvincibleAjay

Badminton Coach
    Yes latecomer I own all those rackets, I'm afraid I have a bug of collecting rackets as well as testing different balances and string tension combinations, :eek: However I primarily play doubles with head light rackets and singles with medium balance or head heavy depending on the opponent/shuttle etc.

Kwun perhaps the 'factory' strung which I thought here in the UK provided by retailers is infact strung by them and stencilled inhouse however when I've spoken to the rep, he keeps telling me that's how he gets them from Yonex. Perhaps he is telling porkies.

I'm not bothered about string moving etc, I just thought it is odd, they seem to use better lasting stencil ink in low end Yonex rackets compared to the high end, surely it should be the other way around.

I suppose I have OCD but I like stencils on my racket to be pristine for a tad longer than one game.

Kindest regards,

-Ajay-

Quote of the Day

5. Charlie-SWUK

Charlie-SWUK Regular Member

N90 sycophant
    My local shop does all high end rackets with 65Tis at 22lbs. It must be in-shop.

I had my ZF2 stenciled just for funsies.

6. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    UK rackets are infact, and have been for years, strung in factory. Yonex UK is probably the exception though. Almost in every other country Yonex high end rackets are unstrung.

7. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    It depends on the string type how fast the stencil ink is gone. Nevertheless it shows wear and tear after a few games. IMO your "problem" is ridiculous. Over 90% of my customers like their strings without any stencil. Is it so important that anybody can see 50m far away that you are playing with Yonex? Are you a pro with a contract? ;) Maybe you are fussy with your rackets like alot people here (include me) but stenicl ink? Come on! Maybe you should switch to ZM62 @30lbs. I promise that your strings will break before your stencil ink is gone. :p

8. InvincibleAjay

Badminton Coach
    Thanks for clarifying, I'm happy the rep wasn't lying to me atleast... haha.

Oh well, I must learn to live with this I suppose.
    [MENTION=59291]ucantseeme[/MENTION], I'm promote Yonex products to my clients so yes it's a big deal.

Kindest regards,

-Ajay-

Quote of the Day

#8 InvincibleAjay, Jan 7, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2015
  9. TigerSmash

TigerSmash Regular Member

It's true though, whenever I string and cut off the factory string's, the stencil ink flakes off when you pull the string and the grommet scrapes the stencil ink off the string. When you apply yonex stencil ink on your custom strings and cut them, I don't recall the ink scraping off...(maybe because I'm using bg66 :\)

10. |_Footwork_|

|_Footwork_| Regular Member

I don't see the problem?
    What's the first thing you do, when you get a factory strung high-end racket? You cut the strings and string the racket according to you preferences. Noone who buys a high-end racket will play the factory strings for even one second.

and even if you played the factory strings: Come on, who cares about stencil ink? (Unless you're sponsered by Yonex... And if you are, you get ink and a stencil anyway, so need to worry, just take that 3 seconds and repaint it)

11. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    The low end racquets use a different ink that is far more durable but it's also a lot thicker. It's almost like decorator's paint. Whereas all the stencil ink I've come across is quite watery. But I find that different branded stencil ink have different durabilities...